G.P.O Telegrams 1952-56: any ex-messengers out there?

hi toney

nice to here fromyou remember all lads listerd trying to get to penny black myself waiting for kieth rideway to send me a date for next meet how far away do you live i suppose like me you are now retierd and got all the time in the world regards aj

Hi allen was charteris nick-named;Garth?my home is in the New Forest been in this area over 40 years

Hi allen was charteris nick-named;Garth?my home is in the New Forest been in this area over 40 years

hi toney

his nickname was garth went in royal navy for his national service ,

when he came backstayed at gpo a little while then joined s y police became one of the few offices that carried guns. do you remember peter hammnet

,paul schofield,toney wilson,jim dalton,mick sherwood,jack [ernest] swallow,roy scott[lankey] had a auntie lived down yor way at ringwood

just a few more names to stir your memory of misspent youthat gpo

regards aj

hi toney

his nickname was garth went in royal navy for his national service ,

when he came backstayed at gpo a little while then joined s y police became one of the few offices that carried guns. do you remember peter hammnet

,paul schofield,toney wilson,jim dalton,mick sherwood,jack [ernest] swallow,roy scott[lankey] had a auntie lived down yor way at ringwood

just a few more names to stir your memory of misspent youthat gpo

regards aj

Hi allen yes i remember Garth very well,but i dont seem to recall any of the other names you mentioned Tom acaster and Dag thorpe also joined the police force after national service. Ringwood is quite near me now. I dont remember duffems uncle but the name certainly rings a bell regards toney

It was Fred Holland. He lived in some flats off Pinstone St. I was a messenger till 1954. There was a thread on here sometime ago with a photo of some messengers during a petrol shortage. Frank Bird and Peter wright were on it and I think Brian Wing.

I also have a photo of brian wing, geof thorpe self and one other on motor bykes outside main garage.Ialso got called up in april 1954.Fred Holland had a velocette LE the silent one regards toney hall

• 4 weeks later...
hi toney

nice to here fromyou remember all lads listerd trying to get to penny black myself waiting for kieth rideway to send me a date for next meet how far away do you live i suppose like me you are now retierd and got all the time in the world regards aj

Hi Allen not heard from you for a while, maybe one day when i find out when the next reunion is i will try and get up there regards Toney

Hi Allen i remember the following-tom acaster,porky thompson, tony parkin ,kieth ridgway frank stenson,brian wing,george binns,plus many more.I live a bit too far away to dop in for a pint, but it is nice to touch basewhith you regards, toney

Hi Toneyhall.Remember me.Tom Acaster.Let me have your address or phone number.

Hello again,

How are you?

Ed Dalton,Jim Dalton,Alan tew,Ray Colley,And me Keith Ridgway,still meet Penny Black once a month ,this friday is the next one 11th july 2.00.

Danny palmer is still in touch also John hutton.

Don't know if there are any other survivers but these are still in touch.

All the best,

Keith Ridgway.

Hi telegramboy.Remember me Tom Acaster No 1012.Could you let me know date and time of next meeting,would love to meet up.

Archived