Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking - it worked for me...

it didnt work for me. it did for a few weeks but i made the mistake of getting cocky and ended up back on the fags cos i though "one wont hurt". i tried again but it didntwork second time. about 2 years later i'm quitting again on patches.

Patches always gave me a 'dead-arm'...I'd be walking around, and then I'd suddenly get this cramp down the side of my arm, that would spread to my fingers. According to Allen Carr's method-nicotine supplements only continue to feed the addiction (I think-if I remember correctly). Although it does seem to work for some, I think I'll have to ride the cold-turkey method...any day soon! It seems to me different methods suit different people, so good luck with the patches.

Got the book as recommended by a friend at work. It had done the trick for him, and several members of his family.

It worked for me - I've been off the cigs for over 2 years. It also worked for my partner - altho that was 50% the book and 50% me nagging at him to quit.:D

Stop now everyone before you have health problems! I was very ill recently and daren't touch a cigarette (although the craving is still there).

Given, the problem I had with my health wasn't down to smoking but it's made me open my eyes a bit and I regret all the years I've been smoking.

Try and be strong, you can do it with the right attitude. You just need to be ready to give up. Good luck!

I was successful for a few months following reading his book. Unfortunately I made the stupid decision to have a cigarette, one night, after having a drink. I think the book does work, and I'm going to re-read mine. However, I think the smoking addiction, can rear it's tempting ugly head again, when under the influence of alcohol-so next time I decide to give up, I'll be more aware of this. Fortunately for people trying to give up, the fact that it's not possible to smoke in pubs anymore-is a bonus.

Ah that's a shame. I've done this SO many times whem I've stopped before, and that's always been my downfall, staying stopped. This time feels different though, because I know for a fact that I can't have "just one more".

Good luck with stopping though... I reckon that, with the knowledge you have from stopping the last time, that you'll make a success of it this time. :)

Stop now everyone before you have health problems! I was very ill recently and daren't touch a cigarette (although the craving is still there).

Given, the problem I had with my health wasn't down to smoking but it's made me open my eyes a bit and I regret all the years I've been smoking.

Try and be strong, you can do it with the right attitude. You just need to be ready to give up. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your health problems....

That's another thing I liked about the book, it teaches you not to be a slave to cravings - to actually be happy about your decision to stop.

Don't give up though, eh? :)

Ah that's a shame. I've done this SO many times whem I've stopped before, and that's always been my downfall, staying stopped. This time feels different though, because I know for a fact that I can't have "just one more".

Good luck with stopping though... I reckon that, with the knowledge you have from stopping the last time, that you'll make a success of it this time. :)

Thank you. I think I will too. :)

I think my copy must have had a misprint somewhere :(

It didn't help me. I read it with a positive mind full of great expectations and I agreed with everything written, it made perfect sense.

However I have yet to find any kind of psychology that works on me and so have my psychologists, counsellors, CPN's, social workers.....the list goes on.

Anyhoo I'm going to give it another go after Christmas and if it doesn't work I'll try the patches.:)

I'm glad it's worked for so many of you though, anyone that has managed to quit is an inspiration in my eyes:)

Archived