Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking - it worked for me...

Originally posted by Saxon

Just found it on Amazon. Price £3.99 new.

Just for info, the author's name is spelled 'Allen Carr'.

Consider my copy ordered

Thanks for that - have changed the spelling in case anyone out there is searching.

Good luck with the book! (Not that you will need luck)

It's ok, because i'm a skivvy student, i get them free. That's why im making the most of it now and not waiting any longer. I always thought that i'd quit by the time i was 20. at 26 i've overshot the mark somewhat. I really don't want to be here at 40 planning to give up by the time i'm 50. God damn that weak day that i decided to start smoking. It really is the stupidest thing anyone can ever chose to do.

Originally posted by Andy78

It's ok, because i'm a skivvy student, i get them free. That's why im making the most of it now and not waiting any longer. I always thought that i'd quit by the time i was 20. at 26 i've overshot the mark somewhat. I really don't want to be here at 40 planning to give up by the time i'm 50. God damn that weak day that i decided to start smoking. It really is the stupidest thing anyone can ever chose to do.

You mean you get the patches free?:confused:

Yes I get the patches free on prescription, which is nice. Have been 3 weeks now. Have slipped up twice when drunk, but i don't think that's too bad considering how much i used to smoke.

I also discovered that cannabis tends to destroy any motivation to do stuff. Which is a problem when stuff needs doing. The last time drugs were discussed here it led to quite a debate. I don't think any opinions were changed though, everyone stood their ground and refused to consider the opposing opinions.

I don't think anyone needs a book to stop smoking. All you need is willpower. That is the only thing that will make you stop.

I stopped with willpower in March and I haven't had a ciggy since. I had smoked for nearly 10 years so It was quite hard for me. I had a 10-15 a day habit, possibly 20+ on a night out.

I now go to the gym and try and stick to a helathyish diet and have reduced my alcohol intake. At first I didn't really feel any better for it but now I can defiantly tell there's a difference. It's mainly my skin which looks brighter and less tired.

Although I do still think about having a ciggy especially when I'm drunk or feeling down I wont to do it because I just can not go through the cold turkey stage again.

Archived