Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking - it worked for me...

If you re read the thread, it really has worked like that for many people on the forum, me included :)

I'm really sorry to hear that it didn't work for you BasilRathbone. I suspected it might not have 'taken' as your post didn't have the exhilaration and confidence that many people feel after stopping this way.

Not everyone succeeds with this method, but I think the majority do ......

Draggle

So do you only get one chance then with the Allen Carr method, or would you recommend I read it through again?

Alternatively has anyone tried going to one of his clinics - I know it costs something like £200, but at least you can actually ask all the questions that are bugging you, which you obviously can't with a book.... :mad:

So do you only get one chance then with the Allen Carr method, or would you recommend I read it through again?

Alternatively has anyone tried going to one of his clinics - I know it costs something like £200, but at least you can actually ask all the questions that are bugging you, which you obviously can't with a book.... :mad:

As I remember, he does recommend re reading key chapters of the book?

You should know - you just read it :P

It's just that you sounded like you had binned the method off as a bad idea....

You probably hate me and Allen Carr equally at present.

Did you read the book slowly or did you speed read it? The former is better IMO, although many people start to get so excited by what they start to feel, that they can't wait to finish the book and stop smoking :)

Regarding the classes, there are posts on this thread from a couple of people who have been to these and stopped smoking.

Best of luck to you BasilRathbon - maybe you won't even need luck the second time round :thumbsup:

Is suppose for it to work you actually have to want to stop too, just doing it because it costs you a fortune or is bad for you isn't enough (I've found) to make you stop permanently, as long as you still get some enjoyment from smoking you're doomed to never stop.

i would thoroughly recommend 'how to stop smoking and stay stopped for good' by gillian riley, i stopped using that method for 7 years (smoking again now, but i had damn good reasons for it :hihi: :hihi: )

Archived