The best ice-cream

my favourite was Taggy's ice cream, (taggy's were based near Anns's Road/ Richards Road area, at Heeley)

that ice-cream was yellow, and thick, and creamy, it was delicious. much better than the thin, white, anaemic looking whippy stuff.

It is too many years since I saw a "taggy's" van. after the heeley area went through the demolition in the 70's, their depot was demolished, and they didn't seem to start up again.

OH i remember taggy's ( we are showing our age now ) my mum used to send me out to the van on a sunday afternoon with a glass bowl and we'd have it after tea , it was the most delicious ice cream i've ever tasted

I tend to judge an ice cream maker on the quality of their vanilla. They can make all the glorious mixtures and flavours under the sun but if they cannot get vanilla right then their others are likely to be substandard.

Archived