Anyone from Woodhouse Grammar58-63 or brinsworth 47 >

mikeh

Wow class..deja vu all over again..Paul hartley would sell 100 line I must not talk in class for 2/6..Pete Piper and Terry Stuart I remeber well.I went on to work the niteclubs in England and then the cruise ships with p and o as music director and drummer band leader...hmmm I didn't have any idea on leaving woodhouse with nowt to show for it but record detentions lol..I now have lived in the states for 30 yrs...great to hear from y'all.

Donkey Hayes.....I remember you well. I was at Woodhouse from '58 to '64; one of the crowd from the "Cross"

we need to keep in touch and catch up with what happened to the cross crowd..I saw David Clark from kiveton a few years ago...bald and driving a taxi in the city..what happened to Freeko ?

My Mum went to woodhouse Grammer, I think she would have been there until the early 60's.Her name was Elaine Scafe.

I think she was a year behind me or maybe she was one of the clever people(anyone not in 4D)..say Hi to mum for me . mike(mick)

Hi Mike .Thanks for your private message; you're dead right!How are you?

I remember Dave Clark,at school he was tiny but a tricky footballer.Until we moved to France 18 months ago, I used to regularly see Barry Whitehead ( Freeko) in one of our locals.Stevew

Steve,a couple of years ago my wife and I went to the school..it seems so much smaller..talk about bringing memories back..smokes behind the trailer classrooms,football in the yard,assembly with Frank PINION..Whom I met while at Radio Sheffield with my band on the radio..I reminded him of his caning expertise..he seemed such a nice man in retirement.By the way I did progress after leaving Chapletown club to some slightly bigger gigs.lol.I have lived in the usa for 20+ years but still visit home very 2 years or so..I wish we could have a Woodhouse grammar reunion some year before we all are too old..I hear from Curley Wilson in southampton occasionally.:thumbsup:

Mike ,great memories heh. Did you know my dad from Chapeltown club?

I agree, we should have some kind of reunion.Curly Wilson also made contact with me thro' Friends Reunited some years ago

Yes,I played with Les when I first made my transition from groups to the clubs.I went to Intake sports,Brinsworth,Tinsley and Silverwood before I moved onto the night clubs ,radio ,recording and cruise lines.If I had known Woodhouse would prepare me for nothing I would have tried harder at school.lol..my last report card said I would make a good living as a soccer playing labourer.hmmm c'est la vie.Happy memories steve.

Mike, have you got the right guy or are you just having a senior moment? My dad's name was Eric who sadly passed away 2004.I last saw Hoss Higgins a couple of years ago.He was fine & well, now semi-retired after selling his garage business in Neepsend and involved with a bird sanctuary near Wombwell.Haven't seen Charlie Dale since school.

Archived