Dove & Rainbow rock bar re-opens Friday 3rd from 7pm

goldenfleece

Non stop classic, and TOTALLY classic rock each and every SUNDAY at the original Dove & Rainbow from 7pm to 2230.....nothing newer than, oh about 1992 and going all the way back to the 60's, so expect a dose of Cream, Doors, Jefferson Airplane/Starship, Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Floyd, Rainbow, Whitesnake, Saxon, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Black Crowes, Deep Purple, Free, UFO, Little Angels, Van Halen, Journey, Guns N Roses, etc etc....if we have it, it gets played, so come on down for some totally awesome classics, some great real ale on offer as well as £2 a pint, plus other great offers.

hi goldenfleece

have you got any angel

the track the fortune 75 ish:thumbsup: luv that track so good 4 its time!!

This sounds good to me!!

See u this weekend on sat night

PLEASE PLAY SOME LACUNA COIL OR NIGHTWISH

PS

Some DJs must have one rock hits 1980's CD as they play the same tracks

every single week.

Thats true......its very tempting to stick with the same old classics and songs all the time....kind of secure in a way, but people soon get bored......that will not be happening at the Dove:thumbsup:

After a few changes, the Dove & Rainbow is back open again from Friday night, 7pm, as a rock bar and live music pub. Live music will start in a few weeks, so we are looking for live acts on an ongoing basis. PM me if you are a band looking for a good, intimate pub venue a bit on the darker side!

As for the pub, a few changes here and there, but DEFINITELY an improvement on your last visit!:thumbsup: There are still things to sort out, as is always the case, but we are getting there! We SHOULD have the real (cask) ales flowing, so check us out as to what we will have, which will change on a very regular basis for great variety.

So, on your way to/from the Boardwalk, or on your way to the Corporation, or indeed ANYWHERE, do pop down for a pint or 2, or even a bottle of wine, and coming soon some great rock n roll cocktail jugs/pitchers. Pinball machine (s) coming soon as well, possibly the ONLY place in Sheffield Centre now to have them!

Friday and Sat nights rock disco plays the best classic rock, mixed with a bit of the newer stuff, with classic rock and ONLY classic rock Sundays. If you like your classic rock, check us out! We have open mic nights coming soon, and other stuff in the week to compliment live music, so keep checking the web site for things happening as we develop them.

Bikers are always welcome, plenty of space for the mean machines outside, and of course we sell Newcastle Brown Ale! If you just want to sit and chat, we have additional seating at one end, right away from the music based zone.

Called down on Friday, and although being quiet, did enjoy the new Dove and Rainbow. Apart from when me and my mate left, your door staff were rude to us. Sort this please.

Yes its good stuff that.....more real ciders coming soon, so do keep popping in:)

To be brutally honest I'm not the worlds biggest classic rock fan but I'm totally blown away with what you're doing with the Dove and Rainbow, I was convinced it was going to become a faceless wine bar or worse, more city living flats!!!!!!!!

Sheffield needs more people like you injecting this sort of enthusiasm and originality into the city centre, especially if it's going to mean a decent selection of real ales and cider!

Can't wait to pop in for a pint.

To be brutally honest I'm not the worlds biggest classic rock fan but I'm totally blown away with what you're doing with the Dove and Rainbow, I was convinced it was going to become a faceless wine bar or worse, more city living flats!!!!!!!!

Sheffield needs more people like you injecting this sort of enthusiasm and originality into the city centre, especially if it's going to mean a decent selection of real ales and cider!

Can't wait to pop in for a pint.

Many thanks for your comments. Its actually going to be quite a chameleon operation, rock pub at night (with live music coming soon) and eventually opening all day and doing meals for the office lunchtime trade in the area who are seeking something different to the Bankers Draft next door. The Dove used to have a thriving lunchtime office trade not so very long ago, and just needs to re-position itself in the daytime market. No point in being closed all day and just being a rock pub at night, as its such a loss of daytime trade from the professional quarter of Sheffield, Campo Lane, etc. We tried to create an environment not TOO different from the original, but cleaner and fresher, yet still with that great 'lived in' look and feel.

There was no way on earth I was going to make this a faceless wine bar sort of operation, although we do sell wines by the bottle of course. The Dove has a great rock/alternative heritage going back to the early 90's Tut N Shive days, it just needed a bit of a facelift and image change plus diversification between daytime and nightime trade.

Also we have live bands comig in the not to distant future, not all of which will be pure rock in the strict sense of the word, there will be some variety. And generally we don't blast the walls apart across the whole pub with floor shaking bass, but keep it fairly reasonable, with a quiet seating area at the far end where the music is just audible as background. So even if you dont like rock music, you will find a great atmosphere, good range of cask ales and more real ciders coming very soon as well.

The Dove and Rainbow is in many ways a proper old style traditional pub, and there are precious few of these left in Sheffield that have not succombed to the major developers. This one was worth saving! :thumbsup:

Was there all night on Friday, from just after 7 until chucking-out time and I have to say I had a fantastic time, truly the most chilled-out night I've had in any pub, let alone a city-centre one, for years.:thumbsup:

There was only one thing that spoilt the evening and that was the bloke on the door (as mentioned by an earlier poster) whom I thought was an arrogant, belligerent, over-assertive t**t.

I can understand the need for door security on a friday or saturday night, but as a paying customer I don't want to be bellowed at by some neanderthal who thinks he owns the place just because I've still got a tiny bit of beer in my glass twelve seconds after the bar shuts....apart from this, top marks!!

There was only one thing that spoilt the evening and that was the bloke on the door (as mentioned by an earlier poster) whom I thought was an arrogant, belligerent, over-assertive t**t.

I can understand the need for door security on a friday or saturday night, but as a paying customer I don't want to be bellowed at by some neanderthal who thinks he owns the place just because I've still got a tiny bit of beer in my glass twelve seconds after the bar shuts....apart from this, top marks!!

There was a slight mix up on the first night as I think security thought we were closing earlier....easy mistake, now sorted...but we do have to get everyone off the premises by 0030.

But glad you enjoyed the night......it was very chilled indeed for the middle of town!

Archived