Dove & Rainbow rock bar re-opens Friday 3rd from 7pm

goldenfleece

I've just got back from visiting one of my old haunts, The Dove and Rainbow, Now under mew Mangagement. Jason, the landlord, has been on the alternative scene for as long as I can remember,

ITS BRILLIANT, I haven't been in there for about 5 years, but the have really renovated it - they've given it a new coat of great purple and black paint, totally cleaned it top to bottom.Add to this they have on several real ales, and will serviing food in the new year, this is definately the way forward.

Anyway - check it out: http://www.doveandrainbow.com/

Tam and Sarah.

Awww.....shucks! I am delighted you are delighted:) We put a lot of work into it, and so far the only people who don't like it were a couple of punks who wanted it to be dirty pink and scummy still:loopy: Not the way forward though, it was definitely time to move on, although I dont have anything against the punk scene at all, in fact no one enjoys classic punk more than me:thumbsup: But the pub as a building was in a terrible run down state when I got the keys and could never have thrived in that condition with the majority of the old crowd having moved to the DnR Bar. In fact most people walking into there before changes were made, with a view to taking on a City Centre bar/pub, would have took one look inside, and just walked straight out the door!

The only way forward was to clean it up and change it and start to bring it back to its former glory as a VERY busy City Centre pub for daytime trade, and some niche market activities at night to fill a massive hole in Sheffield for another rock/alternative pub wit some live music provision. It's all about market re-positioning, zoned and chameleon operation, etc, and boy this one was a challenge! I could have picked something a LOT easier, but who wants an easy life?

We popped in on Saturday night and had a couple of drinks. Really liked it, great atmosphere and music. Hope you manage to get the goth thing sorted out, that would be great. Keep up the good work.

ps, thought your doorman was a pussycat !

Yes I am sorting out a regular Goth night, so watch out for details soon.

Crikey, there were so many forummers there it seems, it was almost an unofficial meet. I was there on friday between about 10pm and 11.30 ish.

How was saturday night by the way, did you get plenty of custom?

Saturday was good:thumbsup: great crowd, very mixed, excellant. IN fact if any forum members want to arrange an official, or indeed non official meet at any time, you are certainly kost welcome, and I will see what I can sort out by way of special offers:)

Saturday was good:thumbsup: great crowd, very mixed, excellant. IN fact if any forum members want to arrange an official, or indeed non official meet at any time, you are certainly kost welcome, and I will see what I can sort out by way of special offers:)

Great idea mate.!

Another thought, when you have settled in have you thought of installing wireless broadband?

There are a small number of venues in the city which now offer this and you might get extra daytime trade with workers catching up on their private emails and browsing. The picnic tables look ideal for someone to manage a cup of coffee and a laptop.

For a relatively small set up cost, you might get quite a bit of custom if you advertise the service prominantly.

I have also organised for The Gathering to do a social meeting there this friday, and I know of one other definate group who will turning up.Lets hope we can get the place filled!

Tam.

:thumbsup: You will all be most welcome! Thanks for all the info...we SHOULD have some more cask ales on by then but not sure yet, depends on precise delivery time and all that soft peg and hard peg beer cellar stuff, etc.....

Great idea mate.!

Another thought, when you have settled in have you thought of installing wireless broadband?There are a small number of venues in the city which now offer this and you might get extra daytime trade with workers catching up on their private emails and browsing. The picnic tables look ideal for someone to manage a cup of coffee and a laptop.

For a relatively small set up cost, you might get quite a bit of custom if you advertise the service prominantly.

I am one step ahead of you on this, full wireless broadband access service will be available from Tuesday, and yes I have to update the web site as soon as I get some free time...

FREE TIME...I remember that!!! Just meant to check today if the Bankers Draft next door did wireless access .Wont be many places in that segment of town that do this....and we have coffee machines (not plastic cups, I mean PROPER coffee machines) coming next week to add to the menu......all this will be advertised soon, fortunately I am good at multitasking.....I am operating faster than a dual core processor at the moment:huh:

Crikey,

I wish I could move my workplace to town..

great stuff...

Although you do realise I will be able to post on this thread from my wizzy pocket PC phone..

Expect some spelling mistakes after a few pints.. :hihi:

Incidentally there are a lot of places which advertise it but it doesn't work I think they switched it off. The showroom does and there are usually a bunch of geeky types at one end with laptops.

Expect some spelling mistakes after a few pints.. :hihi:

Incidentally there are a lot of places which advertise it but it doesn't work I think they switched it off.

well ours will be on all the time, and initially, NOTE everyone, totally unrestricted and free access to all.....will see how it goes...its a completely unrestricted and unlimited service so costs me a flat fee and no more....get down there with ya laptops next week and surf while you sample the fine ales:thumbsup:

Archived