Dove & Rainbow rock bar re-opens Friday 3rd from 7pm

goldenfleece

We will have cask conditioned:

Shepherd Neames excellant SPIFIRE coming next week,

plus OLD SPECKLED HEN, and the totally gorgeous Ind Coope BURTON ALE coming next week. Not sure of the prices yet but there will be special offers on real ale, the FLOWERS will be retained at the same price.

Cask ale is selling very well indeed, and we have ten handpulls on the bar already fitted, so more beer lines are being fitted shortly for the addition of even more proper ale and cider......all will be updated very regularly so we wil always have guest ales and new stuff on highly competitive prices...

Hiya, Jason - dont forget im coming to see you tomorrow.

Cant wait to see what you have done with the place.

Look forward to seeing you........

And to all the SHEFFGOTH crowd (really looking forward to EVERFINK events) and Sheffield Forum members who came down tonight, thanks a lot for making Friday night fantastic!! Had a really great vibe and atmosphere and I just know that you will all be back.

Sound system wil be even better and meatier from tomorrow as putting in new crossovers......ROCK THIS TOWN!!!!:thumbsup:

regarding this Ghost,

you mentioned that there is a ghost at the pub, how much do you know about it?

Reason I ask is I am a friend of Darren, who runs Steel City Ghost tours -

http://www.steelcityghosttours.co.uk/

and I might be able to get him to include the pub in the tour, which if nothing else, will raise public awareness of the pub.

Also, it might be worth making contact with bikertech on here, he and Brenda run Sheffield Paranormal Investigations and might be interested in doing a night there.

Tam

Yes you can include us.....I dont know much about the ghost, but there is certainly something of a 'presence' in one rather dark and abandoned sunken room in the cellar, which houses the old original probably 1960's disused oil fired heating and boiler system. It looks like something out of a Nightmare on Elm Street set and you half expect to hear the scraping sound of Freddie's metal fingers on metal!!

The pub building was rebuilt after the 2nd world war when it was bombed out, but on the site of the original 'Dove and Rainbow Inn and Alehouse' cellars. The first Dove and Rainbow Inn dates back to the late 17th Century, and there has been a Dove and Rainbow on the site for over 300 years. I have only ventured into the sunken room once, which you access by way of a wall ladder leading down into an underground chamber that floods in the Winter. Its VERY spooky!

Just a minor correction - the crowd I brought are from "The Gathering" (see the website in my sig)

When the Shefgoth crowd turn up as well as us we'll fill the pub.

I stand corrected!!!! Anyway, it was a pleasure to see you all:) Perhaps in the Summer we can have some real action duelling in the Square outside?

well went down the dove and rainbow tonight its OK but not a full as i expected it to be

shame you have worked hard on the pub

just needs a few more punters

i am sure they will come

but the competition is hotting up for the rock punters

I went to a few pubs in town tonight lots of changes in the rest as well

well went down the dove and rainbow tonight its OK but not a full as i expected it to be

shame you have worked hard on the pub

just needs a few more punters

i am sure they will come

but the competition is hotting up for the rock punters

I went to a few pubs in town tonight lots of changes in the rest as well

Depends what time you came in...we were very packed early on 7.10 onwards and then people moved on....its a 'circuit' thing largely based around other rock pubs and the Boardwalk......then we had another rush of people when the Boardwalk gig was over...but this weekend blew the pants off last weekend, we quadrupled takings Friday/Saturday! I fact Friday we ran out of glasses when we had a mega rush on from the Boardwalk that was totally unexpected but most welcome!

So what changes did you notice in 'other places'?

More changes coming for us too....pubs are always evolving....

**'REQUEST challenge', whereby we promise we play ANY rock track that you request, else you get a free drink! Subject to a few rules, ie the track MUST EXIST, etc. Coming soon.......

**Saturday afternoon mega rock disco on the cards too, so check out website next week....

** Rock Karoake......crazy sessions and will be THE BEST on offer....soon TBA

** Rock n roll cocktail jugs and pitchers TBA

**live music on a regular basis

** Loyalty card scheme TBA

**Well known Sheffield rock DJ's TBA

Archived