The other side of the coin!!

lennyfalcon

I am a chef at a restuarant in Sheff town centre and its interesting to read about customers complaints or opinions regarding food/service etc. I think it would be interesting to hear the other side of the coin on this one so lets start a 'Chef/Waiter-Waitress Gripes!' discussion. Ill kick off.......:huh:

People who order Fillet Steak 'WELL DONE'!!!!!!!!!!! what is the ruddy point. ill chuck it straight in the bin and cut out the middle man. you pay a high price for a beautiful piece of meat, locally sourced and juicy and then ask to have it incinerated to the size of a postage stamp and with all the texture of a hush puppy. 'i dont like blood' the customer cries...then have a tofu burger and get the hell out!!!!! ho ho - that feels great to get it off my chest...come on everyone, jump on the bandwagon:D

As a bus driver, it really annoys me when people want to go to xxxxxxxx. Why the hell do they want to go there - it's a rubbish place and I think that they should go to yyyyyyy, it's much better. If they don't like my opinion, they should get the hell off my bus (which I personally own).

I don't believe it !! How dare your customers have the cheek to order something of their own choosing, who do they think they are? Don't they realise that if they are priveliged enough to eat in your wonderous restaurant they should eat whatever the chef sees fit and be bl00dy grateful.

Just think what state the world would be in if any customers actually got what they asked for, heaven forbid if they ever even paid for it as well!

I agree with you chef, kick them out of the blinking door with a flea in their ear and a scutch round the back of their head, for questioning your wisdom.

They can then vote with their feet and potter off down to Joe Bloggs Restaurant for a 'hush puppy' steak. Yum, Yum, happy customer, no money in your till, Joe Bloggs opens another retaurant and you end up signing on. Sweet.

When I was a dead-meat-eater, I used to show the steak to the pan and toss it onto the plate, and the thicker the better. Lashings of bearnaise sauce and some lightly steamed veg.

My flat mate would say that a good vet would have it on its feet in 5 minutes :thumbsup:

Such a waste of a good cut! :rant:

Ill have a fillet steak please. I like mine still `mooing`

lol. That really tickled me.

I don't think I can think of one off the top of my head.

Ooh, this happened once. :hihi:

"Soooo...how come I've never seen you around then?" :rolleyes:

"Are you new ? What's your name ?"

"I see you've got a promotion running here. Free bottle of wine."

"Where's mine?"

ME: "Sorry, this says, it starts in May. It's only April."

Yes, some people will try and push their luck ! :P

People who order Fillet Steak 'WELL DONE'!!!!!!!!!!! what is the ruddy point. ill chuck it straight in the bin and cut out the middle man. you pay a high price for a beautiful piece of meat, locally sourced and juicy and then ask to have it incinerated to the size of a postage stamp and with all the texture of a hush puppy. 'i dont like blood' the customer cries...then have a tofu burger and get the hell out!!!!! ho ho - that feels great to get it off my chest...come on everyone, jump on the bandwagon:D

LOL. Totally with you my friend! It's completely and totally unacceptable. People who want well done fillet steak should be made to sit outside the back of the restaurant.

I like my steak so rare it eats my peas!

Love the 'good vet' reference Lizz... :hihi:

LOL. Totally with you my friend! It's completely and totally unacceptable. People who want well done fillet steak should be made to sit outside the back of the restaurant in the dark cold night.

I like my steak so rare it eats my peas!

Love the 'good vet' reference Lizz... :hihi:

Archived