The other side of the coin!!

lennyfalcon

well having worked both sides of the coin - i find that that chefs are rude, don't rush when you know that your customer is an arse and your copping itin the ear from them.hey are arrogant and have no patience for us waitresses who are'to thick and talentless to get a proper job!'

On the other hand, waitresses/waiters don't have a clue how long it takes to actually COOK the food (esp your well done steaks!) and you'd be able to get it out quicker if they would just bloody hassling you for a lemon for the bar, and if they weren't so bleeding thick they could get it themselves......

My other half won't eat steak until it has been cooked to the consistency of shoe leather, even though we tell him it tastes much nicer if you stop cooking it before the fire brigade arrive! However, if he is prepared to pay for his meal, and he has been asked "how do you like your steak sir?" then he is entitled to what he has asked for I think.

as an ex chef i'm quite happy to go on the record and state that it would be a great job if it weren't for customers. also people who are rude and arrogant to waiters are just stupid

i would never dare be rude to waiters or kitchen staff. anyone who has access to pubic hair and my food deserves treating well.

When I was a dead-meat-eater, I used to show the steak to the pan and toss it onto the plate, and the thicker the better. Lashings of bearnaise sauce and some lightly steamed veg.

My flat mate would say that a good vet would have it on its feet in 5 minutes :thumbsup:

Such a waste of a good cut! :rant:

Are you talking about Stanley? :huh:

A chef I worked with told me that the worst cuts of meat are put to one side for people that order it well done....say a filet mignon, the ends are saved for that, also If you do like a well done steak ,to order it med/rare as you'll get a good cut, then send it back and have it cooked more, I've never tried it as I like mine med/rare anyhow.

I think it's a chef's ethic towards food when it comes to steaks. They think, what is the best way to treat a piece of good quality ingredient. However, the chef should still use the same cut for all his portions, else he'll just damage the restaurant's reputation. Unless the eater can't tell what he's eating, but then again, it'll just lower the standard of the eating establishment.

I think steak is one of those mains that you can have a choice over how it's done. I can't imagine someone sending a lasagne back into the kitchen and say that there's too much cheese in it. Now that's picky.

Steaks are actually done in different ways even if you go abroad. If you go to France, they tend to undercook the steak, than to overcook it. So, a medium becomes medium-rare, well done becomes medium. As Poppins say, it leaves room for errors to be amended.

Apologies to lizzmobile, mcgarry and others.

Sometimes I need to get a rant of my chest and this time I'm afraid this was it. It was diffucult to type with my tongue shoved into the aside of my mouth.

Re: Aspergers Syndrome: please read 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time' by Mark Haddon - A guide to colours that he can eat and a damn good/funny read.

Archived