The other side of the coin!!

lennyfalcon

LennyFalcon, care to name the charming establishment you work for, so I don't have the unpleasant experience of being served by you?

'my opinions dont necessarily reflect those of the restaurant' is the sayin i believe. hey this is jus a good natured attempt to get gripes off your chest nothin more. and would you believe one of others is people who say 'i pay your wages' - no you dont, id get paid anyway even if you didnt come in and buy that one cup o tea you been romancing for over an hour!! when i used to work front of house i loved it when you took food over for a couple who had ordered it only 15 minutes previous and you say "who has the chicken??" they look blankly at you, blankly at each other and then ask each other "did you order that chicken", "no mine was the beef", " oh it must be mine then" - AAAAARRRGGGHHH, you ordered it 15 mins ago. DUUURRRR. or you carrying 3 plates and they go "i ordered a bowl of chips too" - oh sorry here thy are shoved up my ass. cant you see my hands are full????

'my opinions dont necessarily reflect those of the restaurant' is the sayin i believe. hey this is jus a good natured attempt to get gripes off your chest nothin more. and would you believe one of others is people who say 'i pay your wages' - no you dont, id get paid anyway even if you didnt come in and buy that one cup o tea you been romancing for over an hour!! when i used to work front of house i loved it when you took food over for a couple who had ordered it only 15 minutes previous and you say "who has the chicken??" they look blankly at you, blankly at each other and then ask each other "did you order that chicken", "no mine was the beef", " oh it must be mine then" - AAAAARRRGGGHHH, you ordered it 15 mins ago. DUUURRRR. or you carrying 3 plates and they go "i ordered a bowl of chips too" - oh sorry here thy are shoved up my ass. cant you see my hands are full????

I'll wager you're a 'chef' (or is it 'microwave operative'?) at Wetherspoons!

Lenny falcon That does sound pretty annoying, thats why i work back of house!!!

How about people who pre order food then they can't remember what they ordered, especially when it's out of a choice of three things!! he he, it makes you laugh.

As well all the steaks we use are the same whether or not they are well done or rare, the amount of tears that come out of our eyes increases the more the steak it cooked tho!! he he

Super 7, don't worry it feels good to get things off your chest sometimes and this is by far the best place to do it!!

read that book too and it was great, funny in a strange sort of way

you know i once saw this table and 3 of the party had left money for their food and included a tip. the other 2 members stayed abit longer and finished their drinks. then they used the tips to help pay their part of the bill. and left no tip. :rant: i cant use the words id like to on theis forum but it rhymes with brother truckers. i mean how low can you stoop??? stealing from charity shops??? no shame some people.

Where I worked, If we were in a rush to get done and hit the booze, and a customer orderd steak at 5 minutes to close, we`d first microwave it, deep fry it, then put a knife over a flame and sear the meat so it look `flame grilled` £12.99 for that! lol. Its there own fault for coming in when us chefs need to get to the pub for last hour.

As well all the steaks we use are the same whether or not they are well done or rare, the amount of tears that come out of our eyes increases the more the steak it cooked tho!! he he

Aw... no need to cry. Just be consoled that we don't have Kobe beef in this country. Then you would really cry ! I think my bro cried when my mom just fried it like some cheap beef cut offs. :D Ah bless.

"Hm... how come this Kobe beef is so chewy ? Don't see the point of it myself !"

Oh, sometimes I do love my mom. :hihi:

Where I worked, If we were in a rush to get done and hit the booze, and a customer orderd steak at 5 minutes to close, we`d first microwave it, deep fry it, then put a knife over a flame and sear the meat so it look `flame grilled` £12.99 for that! lol. Its there own fault for coming in when us chefs need to get to the pub for last hour.

love it - have done a similar thing my self - sear it on the grill, then a few minutes in an extemely high powered oven (til black n crispy!).

I do know of smeone who once sent back a well done steak saying that it was 'overdone'. Well i knew it was going to be when you asked for well done - muppet!

The thing is, never go to a restaurant an hour before food stops. The chefs are cleaning down, in a rush to get out, Hit the pub for lasties, they have probably been there since 9 that morning staring at the same four walls, sweating their B`s off, and dont care about what your food looks like in the last hour. Your food will likely be abused aswell. Heed this advice. There endeth the lesson.

Archived