The other side of the coin!!

lennyfalcon

You're not going to like me for saying this, but, I feel sorry for the people in the service industry because I have been there, done that. So sometimes, I even help stack the dishes ready to be taken away. Until my friends look at me weirdly. :loopy::hihi:

I would give them a knowing look, or ask about their day.

we almost always collect the pots or at least show willing.

they are service staff - not slaves.

it doesn't hurt to be polite or smile or leave a tip.

exactly as i like to be treated.

i don't apportion blame for loss of broadband to the individual who answers the phone,for example - but i do trust them to act accordingly when i do speak to them.

when i ask for a big mac with no pickle - thats what i want. not a chicken burger 'cos they think it's better for me.

if i want well done steak then the job of the chef is to provide it.

now if i wanted a beef wellington & it wasn't on the menu,i could appreciate the chef getting the face on and refusing to provide it.

me neither, when i complain i keep it short to the point and explain what i'd like to happen. what i don't do is rant, shout, threaten, bully or accuse the person of anything. the chances are it isn't their fault and if it is their fault then i ask to speak to someone who is competent.

the truth of the matter is its a little of both, useless customers who think they are owed the earth get treated badly by the staff. useless staff who can't be bothered rightly get treated badly by the customers.

there seems to be a lack of willingness to complain in britain but if you do it in the right way its amazing how willing companies can be.

now if i wanted a beef wellington & it wasn't on the menu,i could appreciate the chef getting the face on and refusing to provide it.
funnily enough if i was the chef and you were very nice to the waiting staff and asked very nicely i'd probably do it for you if i wasn't too busy and i think you'd find most chefs who give a toss would agree with me

me neither, when i complain i keep it short to the point and explain what i'd like to happen. what i don't do is rant, shout, threaten, bully or accuse the person of anything. the chances are it isn't their fault and if it is their fault then i ask to speak to someone who is competent.

the truth of the matter is its a little of both, useless customers who think they are owed the earth get treated badly by the staff. useless staff who can't be bothered rightly get treated badly by the customers.

there seems to be a lack of willingness to complain in britain but if you do it in the right way its amazing how willing companies can be.

this is the loveliest post yet - i would like to shake you by the hand for nailing on the head exactly why i started this thread. you must be the best customer to serve ever!!!:hihi:

this is the loveliest post yet - i would like to shake you by the hand for nailing on the head exactly why i started this thread. you must be the best customer to serve ever!!!:hihi:
:D i do try!

then again having worked in the service industry for a very long time i know how hard it is and how to get what you want!

Slightly off topic, but along the lines of customer rudeness.

Was standing at the bar, waiting to be served. It's quiet.

Only myself and another customer waiting at the bar.

Bloke next to me is having 2 Old Fashioneds made for him.

I believe they take a little while to make.

I was enjoying watching the bartender make these drinks.

Bartender is stirring one of them and knocks the other over.

Customer: "Hahaha, you'll have to make that one again."

:gag:

well i know this guy and i have eaten in the restaurant he works in and the food was spot on.

The thing is and i fall into this, people do tend to have the same thing alot, it's always nice to here a chef or waiter/ess offering there knowledge on the food and saying why not try it like this?!.

there is also no excuse for rudeness from either side of the counter.

Well, to do that, then you gotta know the customer pretty well. Some customers may think that because you are recommending them something, that you are trying to sell them something that they don't want. It's very hard to pitch it well. Bit of customer psychology needs to be thought of.

Actually, if you're the type of customer that wants to try something different, why don't you initiate the conversation, and see what your reponses are ? You may be surprised...

At least, if you go to an establishment and the waiting staff knows the menu inside and out, you know you're in a good dining place.

Actually, it's pretty hard. Cos sometimes if a dish is more expensive, they think you're trying to squeeze money from them ! Then again, I've worked with owners who try to impose their own 'no food wasting' ethics on their customers. So they will try and limit what they order. lol....

Actually, I'm like that too. I hate to see good food go to waste. I rather people didn't order so much, than to bin things. Starving children out there and all that....

you know i once saw this table and 3 of the party had left money for their food and included a tip. the other 2 members stayed abit longer and finished their drinks. then they used the tips to help pay their part of the bill. and left no tip. :rant: i cant use the words id like to on theis forum but it rhymes with brother truckers. i mean how low can you stoop??? stealing from charity shops??? no shame some people.

MR Falcon I suppose its like swopping price tags on stuff in oxfam?anyway i totally agree with you as i have worked with some chefs in my time 1 who shall remain nameless had a sayin "GET IT SENT" which basically means what it says no matter how bad the food looked.

Archived