What happend to Beatties the Model Shop?

King Rat

• 2 months later...

I really miss this shop i used to visit every time i went to town anybody know why it shut down now if i want to by model making stuff i have to go to tmc at meadowhall. :mad:

I have tried tags but that's more for the radio controlled and diecast stuff

bring back beatties!!!!!!

I really miss this shop i used to visit every time i went to town anybody know why it shut down now if i want to by model making stuff i have to go to tmc at meadowhall. :mad:

I think they went bust a long while ago.

I used to work in the one in meadowhall in the days when it was next to Virtual Reality (the computer games side of Beaties) but it closed down. Then the one in town closed too.

Cant say im too dissapointed as i found them rediculously expensive.

I used to love the train running above your head when i was a kid lol

OHTHE MEMORIES.

• 6 months later...

If it's model train stuff you're looking for, there's an old shop on London Rd called 'Sheffield Transport Models'. No disrespect to the owner if he reads this at all but it looks as if it's been the same forever, decor wise. Piles of old train mags and modelling stuff, and he has, or used to have, most of the Hornby range plus quite a few discontinued models.There's also 'Rails' on Chesterfield Rd,Heeley.

Chris