The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

Anyone else notice it's always the other drivers who are bad and no one really admits they are bad or do some thing dangerous?;) We are all so perfect.
Yes, I have.

So, in the spirit of fairness, I'll openly admit to being generally aggressive, fast, not very tolerant, liberal with the horn, etc.

Therefore, I'm pretty much in agreement with Bonjon's list above :D

PS: I do not drive a German car, and never will. And I don't tailgate either, I just overtake (when other 'queuing' drivers leave enough gaps, that is...which is sadly nowhere near often enough :mad:)

PPS: to the driver of the black 58 CC Passat this morning on the A57, if you're not going to overtake the artic on the roundabout before the lane merge, get in the left lane behind it instead of dithering and obstructing others, you *&%$# idiot! :hihi:

Edited by L00b

People driving shiny cars tend to be more bothered about having an accident than folks driving beaten up old heaps. It also seems to be the case that folks driving beaten up old heaps are more likely to have no insurance. I suppose it also holds that folks with lots of accident damage on their cars probably got those dents from having accidents.

I don't think that you can generalise by make of car. The chav, nutter, uninsured tend to gravitate to older models of car be they BMW, Nova or whatever. The ones who then adorn these heaps of crap with body kits and loud exhausts are certainly the worst drivers on the road as reflected in their insurance premiums (if indeed they have any insurance)

because not all accidents cost the same amount?

because not all bad driving leads to insurance claims?

Insurance premiums are based on an assessed risk. Women drivers in small cars have lowest premiums because they are proven to have least accidents. Do you think good drivers make the most claims?

Insurance premiums are based on an assessed risk. Women drivers in small cars have lowest premiums because they are proven to have least accidents. Do you think good drivers make the most claims?

Your premium is calculated using the following function:

(chance of claiming) x (likely cost of claim) x (whatever the insurance company thinks they can get away with)

37 accidents that involve scraping someone's bumper at £250 a time (the sort of accidents women *tend* to have) costs less than one high speed crash involving two cars (the sort of accident men *tend* to have)

Women *tend* to have more accidents, but cheap accidents.

Men *tend* to have fewer accidents, but when they do, they have expensive ones.

Hence women *tend* to have cheaper car insurance.

People driving shiny cars tend to be more bothered about having an accident than folks driving beaten up old heaps. It also seems to be the case that folks driving beaten up old heaps are more likely to have no insurance. I suppose it also holds that folks with lots of accident damage on their cars probably got those dents from having accidents.

I don't think that you can generalise by make of car. The chav, nutter, uninsured tend to gravitate to older models of car be they BMW, Nova or whatever. The ones who then adorn these heaps of crap with body kits and loud exhausts are certainly the worst drivers on the road as reflected in their insurance premiums (if indeed they have any insurance)

I suppose you could call my car a beaten up old heap (lol, its not actually that bad it doesn't have any dints it just looks its age and the bumper is cracked), I could only afford an old S reg car.

I'm not a chav and of course I have insurance, MOT, Tax etc.

I'm just as careful when driving my car as when I'm driving my OH's car which is worth about 3 times as much. If I had accident it would increase my insurance premium and I would lose my 2 years' no claims.

And the explanation got it is that women tend to be over cautious but not as good whereas men tend to be slightly more capable but over confident.

That's why your wife tells you not to overtake when you could have done, you point out a hazard before she notices, she scrapes the wall parking and you write off two cars and seriously injure several people. All hypothetical tendency things of course.

Edited by Cyclone