The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

• 2 weeks later...

You know I`d just started to think the "bad/aggressive drivers tend to drive German cars" thing may not apply so much to Mercedes, when some retard in a Merc with a 'non personalised personal reg plate'* confirmed that actually it did.

The stretch of the A61 from Grenoside to the Huddersfield turn off is infamous for its danger, but that didn`t stop our mate. He executed not one but two overtakes on that short section, neither of which I`d even countenance, and both vehicles he went past were doing 50mph anyway.

He turned off and went up towards Huddersfield, the prat.

I think it`s significant the car was black in colour, so many aggressively driven cars, esp German cars, are black.

* You know the type. Plates that are just normal ones but the last three letter just happen to stand for the drivers name. The only way I knew this retard had a "personal plate" was because it was a C reg and the car looked newer than that.

Just how sad is it when people spend their dosh on a plate that only those with a knowledge of car chronology can actually tell is a personalised plate.

That said, how much sadder is it when owner of said car/plate actually have their name printed on the top of the plate so passers by can read it, and then realise the plate is "personal" !

Edited by Justin Smith

The worst for using the right turn lanes to go straight on, on the roundabouts in sheffield are either BMW, Audi or VW drivers.

If you are referring to the outside lane, where there are two possible lanes to choose (the other being inside) then it is for driving straight on in unless marked otherwise. This occasionally presents a problem for those dangerous fools who wish to exit past the '12 o'clock' position but manage to select the inside lane for the task.

People driving shiny cars tend to be more bothered about having an accident than folks driving beaten up old heaps.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of people out there who buy new and relatively expensive cars but haven't a clue how to drive properly.

It also seems to be the case that folks driving beaten up old heaps are more likely to have no insurance.

If you have no insurance the best thing to do is not draw any unwanted attention from the law. If a car looks like it might not be roadworthy it's more likely to get pulled over.

I suppose it also holds that folks with lots of accident damage on their cars probably got those dents from having accidents.

Yes but any accident damage beyond minor low-speed prangs would have to be repaired before the car goes back on the road.

I don't think that you can generalise by make of car. The chav, nutter, uninsured tend to gravitate to older models of car be they BMW, Nova or whatever. The ones who then adorn these heaps of crap with body kits and loud exhausts are certainly the worst drivers on the road as reflected in their insurance premiums (if indeed they have any insurance)
Not many people spend money modifying old cars without restoring / repairing them first ie. rarely are they 'heaps'.

There is no reason to assume that a modified car or loud car will be driven by someone with less that average ability, even if the idea may appeal to some. Often the reverse is the case, as people who modify cars tend to be enthusiasts.

Insurance companies often charge more to cover modified cars than standard ones simply because they can - it's another way to collect revenue - and not because the drivers are worse! The driver's age would be a major factor in the loading of a premium.