The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

Speeding, by definition, is showing a lack of patience and/or aggression. How could it not be ?

My "proof" isn`t all to do with speeding on the motorway. Since December 2014 I`ve been recording the make and model of every car I see exhibiting "bleedin` hell !" driving. That is to say driving so bad one involuntarily utters "bleedin` hell !". The good news is that there isn`t actually as much of it as one would think. These days I only do about 8,000 miles a year but even so, in 7 months there have only been 20 incidents. However, 12 were Germans cars, that`s 60%. I know there`s no objective measure of aggressive driving, but just so long as I apply the same criteria to both German and non German cars that doesn't actually matter, just so long as I make some effort to be unbiased. Since German cars make up 20 to 25% of cars on the road that`s a huge imbalance, and proves they tend to be driven by more aggressive drivers. What other explanation could there be

What did you use as a control group?

Speeding, by definition, is showing a lack of patience and/or aggression. How could it not be?
I don't know, why don't you ask a police driver? Hey, they drive German cars these days, so you might just be right after all :twisted::hihi:

The extrapolation of this is that when I'm driving my merc or my golf I'm a rubbish driver, but when I'm driving the fiat or the Landrover I'm fine.
I`m sorry I`m right.

<...>

/thread, tbh :|

Justin Smith. Driving a non-German car. But towing envy which appears to be the size of a small moon.

:D

He didn't use one.

He saw a few speeding infractions, a few ( what he considers to be) examples of crappy driving, linked them to a German car and hey ho a proper de facto statistical report with no basis except what he has witnessed.

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. You only notice some bad driving. There will be loads going on that you don't clock or aren't aware of. Because your perception is that German cars are more likely to be bad drivers this is what you focus on, when you drive behind a German car you are almost waiting for them to do something bad.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Sorry poorly quoted...I was referring to Justin's statement of how he monitors poor driving.

• 2 months later...

As I get older and get more experience of life, I`m coming to the conclusion, which may be obvious to others, that people who drive aggressively are very often just aggressive full stop. In which case it`s a pity some personality profiling can`t be done at the driving test stage.......

Isn't that called bumping your own thread?

What do you mean ? Are you saying I should have started a new thread ? I thought it was the policy of SF to add to existing threads ? This thread, as far as I`m concerned, is about bad driving, which to me is aggressive (and/or impatient) driving. See the connection ?

What do you mean ? Are you saying I should have started a new thread ? I thought it was the policy of SF to add to existing threads ? This thread, as far as I`m concerned, is about bad driving, which to me is aggressive (and/or impatient) driving. See the connection ?

But you haven't added anything new with that post, it's just the same old rhetoric.