The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

There was a report on the radio recently about someone driving the wrong way down the motorway and I was thinking "Honda Jazz" and the announcer then said "the driver of the Honda Jazz...". :)

Ha ha. The Honda Jazz, also known as the '40MPH Everywhere Car'. 40 in a 70 limit, 40 in a 20 limit.

But you haven't added anything new with that post, it's just the same old rhetoric.

As I get older and get more experience of life, I`m coming to the conclusion, which may be obvious to others, that people who drive aggressively are very often just aggressive full stop. In which case it`s a pity some personality profiling can`t be done at the driving test stage.......

Sorry, where have I said that before ? Can you quote it ? Maybe I have and I`ve forgotten, age has that effect..... That said, I don`t see how I could have said it before because I always thought people drove aggressively because they were either impatient, or enjoyed driving "fast" and didn`t actually think of the (possible/probable) consequences for either themselves or - more importantly - other people. Now I think a significant proportion of those who drive aggressively are just plain aggressive in their personalities. This sounds obvious, maybe it is, so I`m interested you call it "rhetoric". What definition of rhetoric are you using ?

Sorry, where have I said that before ? Can you quote it ? Maybe I have and I`ve forgotten, age has that effect..... That said, I don`t see how I could have said it before because I always thought people drove aggressively because they were either impatient, or enjoyed driving "fast" and didn`t actually think of the (possible/probable) consequences for either themselves or - more importantly - other people. Now I think a significant proportion of those who drive aggressively are just plain aggressive in their personalities. This sounds obvious, maybe it is, so I`m interested you call it "rhetoric". What definition of rhetoric are you using ?

I'm using this definition.

"language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect, but which is often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content."

I'm using this definition.

"language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect, but which is often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content."

Surely most language is designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect ? ! ?

How do you get "lacking in sincerity or meaningful content" ? Unless you`re saying I`m just stating the obvious ? Interestingly, if one defines driving fast as aggressive driving (how else could you define it ? ! ? ), I reckon there`d be a lot of drivers trying to argue with that proposition. Therefore it isn`t obvious to everyone is it ?

Edited by Justin Smith

The worst drivers?

I find any low powered small car (Honda Jazz, Nissan Micra etc.) driven by the 'older generation' the worst type of drivers. They lack confidence, don't make progress, don't drive to conditions, and pull out of people at junctions.

I'd also include the Angry Dad brigade driving their people carriers as sometimes borderline dangerous. They often drive aggressively and way beyond their abilities and the ability of their cars.

The worst drivers?

I find any low powered small car (Honda Jazz, Nissan Micra etc.) driven by the 'older generation' the worst type of drivers. They lack confidence, don't make progress, don't drive to conditions, and pull out of people at junctions.

I'd also include the Angry Dad brigade driving their people carriers as sometimes borderline dangerous. They often drive aggressively and way beyond their abilities and the ability of their cars.

I think it depends on your definition of the worst drivers. To me the worst drivers must be those who put other road users at increased risk. Some older drivers may fall into that category, but average car insurance premiums would suggest it`s a relatively small percentage.

Edited by Justin Smith

I think it depends on your definition of the worst drivers. To me the worst drivers must be those who put other road users at increased risk. Some older drivers may fall into that category, but average car insurance premiums would suggest it`s a relatively small percentage.

Insurance premiums don't lie.

The worst drivers?

Well, dare I say? I'm 72, female, and drive a Honda Jazz!!! Hardly dare go out now!! :)