The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

I have now read, re-read, graph and pie charted every piece of evidence on this topic. After much deliberation on the accumulated statistics I now conclude that cars driven by the worst drivers are (surprise, surprise) of any make, shape, size or colour.

Further evidence suggests that they are driven by drivers of any size, gender, age, ethnic origin, able bodied or physically impeded. They can be found at every conceivable situation doing aggravatingly slow speeds or menacingly high speeds on country lanes and/or motorways, in any weather conditions. It is inconclusive as to whether they may or may not be doing other silly things but, as with this topic, they can veer off course at any given opportunity or whim, without any clear indication as to why; at the same time formulating mathematical statistics based on all OTHER drivers. They can be of a temperament that overheats all too quickly even when not behind the wheel. Sorted!! Take care and have a good day.

I have now read, re-read, graph and pie charted every piece of evidence on this topic. After much deliberation on the accumulated statistics I now conclude that cars driven by the worst drivers are (surprise, surprise) of any make, shape, size or colour.

Further evidence suggests that they are driven by drivers of any size, gender, age, ethnic origin, able bodied or physically impeded. They can be found at every conceivable situation doing aggravatingly slow speeds or menacingly high speeds on country lanes and/or motorways, in any weather conditions. It is inconclusive as to whether they may or may not be doing other silly things but, as with this topic, they can veer off course at any given opportunity or whim, without any clear indication as to why; at the same time formulating mathematical statistics based on all OTHER drivers. They can be of a temperament that overheats all too quickly even when not behind the wheel. Sorted!! Take care and have a good day.

The actually amazing thing is that there are not MORE accidents. Considering the amount of miles driven on the road and human nature being what it is.

I put it down to motor manufacturers' (led by - and I hate to admit it - Volvo) increased safety measures.

---------- Post added 27-04-2016 at 16:46 ----------

http://viz.co.uk/top-ti0p/

Just for justin and winkly.

:hihi::hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

Got to agree with justin smith guys , anything german !! Every morning at around 7.10 on the bypass between coisley hill and the parkway , there is some form of road rage (guaranteed ) , just where two lanes go into one , under the bridge & its always always something german causing it !

You're wrong. Speed is not a major factor in 95% of accidents.

The most common cause of accident is a right turn across the carriageway, the right turning driver fails to observe the oncoming car and pulls into its path.

I have noticed, in my own local area, dumper trucks seem to drive aggressively.

They have the acceleration of smaller vehicles, but their size is quite large, and probably paid by performance.

• 1 month later...

I was going for a walk round Oughtibridge today and heard a car hammering it northbound along Langsett Rd, approaching that blind bend just past where the limit changes to 50mph, Nothing unusual there, loads of cretins do that, they either have to brake again for the blind bend (poor inefficient driving....), or, if they`re even bigger cretins, they go round it far too fast.

Anyway, I then heard the unmistakable dull thud of an accident. This particular cretin had tried overtaking a car approaching the blind bend and hit a bus coming the other way. It was a flash black open top AUDI, and it was a right state, almost certainly a write off. Fortunately he hadn`t seriously injured anyone because he hit a bus. Several people, including one with a Dash Cam, all said he`d being driving like a lunatic just seconds before, so hopefully he`ll get done for dangerous driving. Interestingly, when I said to him he should be ashamed for himself driving like that, particularly with his girlfriend in the car, they both said "he`d only been doing 40mph". Absolute tosh judging by the skid marks on the road and how loudly he`d been hammering it, but it`s fascinating how people believe what they want to believe.

Not one hour later I nearly got hit by another Asian in a black AUDI hammering it through the Barnsley Rd / Hatfield House Lane lights.

Yet more proof, the worst drivers really do tend to drive German cars, particularly Audis.

Link

Edited by Justin Smith

I was going for a walk round Oughtibridge today and heard a car hammering it northbound along Langsett Rd, approaching that blind bend just past where the limit changes to 50mph, Nothing unusual there, loads of cretins do that, they either have to brake again for the blind bend (poor inefficient driving....), or, if they`re even bigger cretins, they go round it far too fast.

Anyway, I then heard the unmistakable dull thud of an accident. This particular cretin had tried overtaking a car approaching the blind bend and hit a bus coming the other way. It was a flash black open top AUDI, and it was a right state, almost certainly a write off. Fortunately he hadn`t seriously injured anyone because he hit a bus. Several people, including one with a Dash Cam, all said he`d being driving like a lunatic just seconds before, so hopefully he`ll get done for dangerous driving. Interestingly, when I said to him he should be ashamed for himself driving like that, particularly with his girlfriend in the car, they both said "he`d only been doing 40mph". Absolute tosh judging by the skid marks on the road and how loudly he`d been hammering it, but it`s fascinating how people believe what they want to believe.

Not one hour later I nearly got hit by another Asian in a black AUDI hammering it through the Barnsley Rd / Hatfield House Lane lights.

Yet more proof, the worst drivers really do tend to drive German cars, particularly Audis.

Wholeheartedly agree. Audi drivers are the worst, especially A3's. They've turned me off Audi's. BMW drivers I find are bad at tailgating, but in general not as those who drive Audi's.

Never had a problem with Mercedes drivers. I think it's because it's the most superior/expensive of the three brands, so the younger idiots can't afford them, and those that can don't feel the need to prove that their car is fast.

Is that why the road out of Oughtibridge was closed on my way to Leeds last night?

It's still invariably supermini's that over take me with no thought and insufficient space on the bike, with just a scattering of saloons and larger cars.

Is that why the road out of Oughtibridge was closed on my way to Leeds last night?

It's still invariably supermini's that over take me with no thought and insufficient space on the bike, with just a scattering of saloons and larger cars.

Yes it was, though to be honest I can`t actually understand why it was closed for so long. It must have inconvenienced thousands of people, and for what ?

The accident happened about three-ish, you`d have thought it`d all be cleared away by five at the latest surely ? After all, luckily, nobody even got seriously injured, though how the occupants of that Audi walked away from it I`ll never know. Air bags and crumple zones I`m sure. The problem is that those very safety features are encouraging some people to drive without regard for the consequences. The old (semi) joke that people would drive a lot slower if there was a dagger pointing up from the steering wheel comes to mind.....

I do think that these battered cars should be left on the side of the road for weeks, if that didn`t make people slow down nothing would. I can remember seeing a smashed up car as a kid, it had blood all over the steering wheel, it was a vision which will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Edited by Justin Smith