The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

Yes it was, though to be honest I can`t actually understand why it was closed for so long. It must have inconvenienced thousands of people, and for what ?

The accident happened about three-ish, you`d have thought it`d all be cleared away by five at the latest surely ? After all, luckily, nobody even got seriously injured, though how the occupants of that Audi walked away from it I`ll never know. Air bags and crumple zones I`m sure. The problem is that those very safety features are encouraging some people to drive without regard for the consequences. The old (semi) joke that people would drive a lot slower if there was a dagger pointing up from the steering wheel comes to mind.....

I do think that these battered cars should be left on the side of the road for weeks, if that didn`t make people slow down nothing would. I can remember seeing a smashed up car as a kid, it had blood all over the steering wheel, it was a vision which will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Still closed at 1820, nearly made me late and the police were diverting people rather unhelpfully to the left (going out of town), rather than through to Grenoside which made much more sense. (I turned left, thought about it, stopped and turned around).

I was going for a walk round Oughtibridge today and heard a car hammering it northbound along Langsett Rd, approaching that blind bend just past where the limit changes to 50mph, Nothing unusual there, loads of cretins do that, they either have to brake again for the blind bend (poor inefficient driving....), or, if they`re even bigger cretins, they go round it far too fast.

Anyway, I then heard the unmistakable dull thud of an accident. This particular cretin had tried overtaking a car approaching the blind bend and hit a bus coming the other way. It was a flash black open top AUDI, and it was a right state, almost certainly a write off. Fortunately he hadn`t seriously injured anyone because he hit a bus. Several people, including one with a Dash Cam, all said he`d being driving like a lunatic just seconds before, so hopefully he`ll get done for dangerous driving. Interestingly, when I said to him he should be ashamed for himself driving like that, particularly with his girlfriend in the car, they both said "he`d only been doing 40mph". Absolute tosh judging by the skid marks on the road and how loudly he`d been hammering it, but it`s fascinating how people believe what they want to believe.

A sad fact is that such drivers seeing me, a 70 + grey haired lady Honda Jazz driver, negotiating that road in a proper, efficient manner would treat me with disdain as a silly, old fool who shouldn't be out on the roads.

So long as you're driving to the conditions and close to the speed limit if it's safe then why would anyone complain (or know who was driving)?

It's is frustrating to follow someone doing 20 mph below the limit for no good reason though.

I was going for a walk round Oughtibridge today and heard a car hammering it northbound along Langsett Rd, approaching that blind bend just past where the limit changes to 50mph, Nothing unusual there, loads of cretins do that, they either have to brake again for the blind bend (poor inefficient driving....), or, if they`re even bigger cretins, they go round it far too fast.

Anyway, I then heard the unmistakable dull thud of an accident. This particular cretin had tried overtaking a car approaching the blind bend and hit a bus coming the other way. It was a flash black open top AUDI, and it was a right state, almost certainly a write off. Fortunately he hadn`t seriously injured anyone because he hit a bus. Several people, including one with a Dash Cam, all said he`d being driving like a lunatic just seconds before, so hopefully he`ll get done for dangerous driving. Interestingly, when I said to him he should be ashamed for himself driving like that, particularly with his girlfriend in the car, they both said "he`d only been doing 40mph". Absolute tosh judging by the skid marks on the road and how loudly he`d been hammering it, but it`s fascinating how people believe what they want to believe.

A sad fact is that such drivers seeing me, a 70 + grey haired lady Honda Jazz driver, negotiating that road in a proper, efficient manner would treat me with disdain as a silly, old fool who shouldn't be out on the roads.

Ahh, but you had the last laugh, you did at least remain on the road......

Wholeheartedly agree. Audi drivers are the worst, especially A3's. They've turned me off Audi's. BMW drivers I find are bad at tailgating, but in general not as those who drive Audi's.

Never had a problem with Mercedes drivers. I think it's because it's the most superior/expensive of the three brands, so the younger idiots can't afford them, and those that can don't feel the need to prove that their car is fast.

Tell that to the tool in the AMG who was stuck so close to my rear bumper I honestly thought id need to break out the condoms. When I slowed down a little he just got closer then he started beeping the horn and giving m the bird.

A complete and utter moron if ever there was one.

Tell that to the tool in the AMG who was stuck so close to my rear bumper I honestly thought id need to break out the condoms. When I slowed down a little he just got closer then he started beeping the horn and giving m the bird.

A complete and utter moron if ever there was one.

I find Mercedes drivers tend to be more aggressive than average, but not as bad as Audi drivers.

I find Mercedes drivers tend to be more aggressive than average, but not as bad as Audi drivers.
I find the exact contrary, with Mercedes drivers most plodding/least aggressive (after OAPs in econoboxes like Daewoo Matiz, Vauxhall Agila and suchlike).

Like me, when I drive our Merc :D

Speed limit + a hair and cruise control on. It's a comfy gliding cruiser of a car, doesn't feel at all like it wants to be or likes being rushed. Plodding central.

Now, put me in the Mini Cooper S instead, and...get outta the way, I can't get into a comfortable gear :hihi:

Edited by L00b

I find the exact contrary, with Mercedes drivers most plodding/least aggressive (after OAPs in econoboxes like Daewoo Matiz, Vauxhall Agila and suchlike).

As stated in the opener, these are averages. There are some perfectly decent safe and courteous Audi drivers. Similarly, most Mercedes drivers are fine, but I`ve had experience of some really aggressive dangerous ones too, as in a higher percentage than, say, Fords.