The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

A chap once posted on Pistonheads about a roadrage incident that resulted in him being attacked by a man with a hammer. A fractured skull, nerve damage and a having a metal plate inserted into his cheek was the end result due to this minor disagreement.

Flashing someone can be construed as being aggressive to the mentally unstable, tool carrying drivers of the road!

I really think they should come up with some test for this at the driving test stage. Let`s remember a driving licence is a privilege, not a right. Therefore they should be refused a driving licence.

Flashing someone can be construed as being aggressive to the mentally unstable, tool carrying drivers of the road!

It being a Tuesday is enough to set off someone who's mentally unstable, sometimes you're just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A chap once posted on Pistonheads about a roadrage incident that resulted in him being attacked by a man with a hammer. A fractured skull, nerve damage and a having a metal plate inserted into his cheek was the end result due to this minor disagreement.

Thankfully incidents like that are exceedingly rare.

I think the worst drivers should include all those who don't use indicators. Its years since I passed my test, isn't the appropriate use of indicators part of learning to drive? Asking because I drive a couple of times a week now, but there seem to be fewer and fewer drivers who bother to indicate, or indicate after they've changed lanes.

This is actually really worrying, there are people out there who drive very aggressively an dangerously, they`re are obviously in the wrong, but far from even realising it, they get mad at anyone even pointing it out. I mean it, it really is worrying.....
My experience of the past year and a bit also, on and off the road. People seem far more uptight and needlessly aggressive than they ever used to be. It's as if a lot of people are slowly and steadily forgetting their human nature and reverting to the binary fight or flight response of the animal kingdom.

In the past 2 years I'd say, I've gotten significantly more 'chilled' about other drivers (with e.g. not flashing or hooting myself, not matching or exceeding aggressiveness but just letting it all slide, etc.) and generally people/situations here, there and everywhere. Can't really put it down to anything in particular, other than perhaps finally growing up maturing without realising.

But then, in that same time, I seem to have experienced or "suffered" significantly more unprovoked aggressiveness from others, and in some cases quite aggravating (...if I was really bothered, which perhaps thankfully I'm not).

Like the guy I (eventually) undertook on the A57 (between jct 31 and the Red Lion roundabout) some months back, because he was just stuck in the overtaking lane without a car in sight in either lane. Nice and 'clean' undertake, didn't ride his bumper, didn't hoot or flash, didn't hoof it loudly, didn't cut him up (there really was ample space around). Really just 'normal overtake', but inverted of sorts. But then, guy then proceeded to ride the next 2 miles to the red lights at Anston a foot from my back bumper with his full beams on, and then -stood at the said light- proceeded to exit his car and come throw a fist at my window (no joke). No damage at all, so I just let it ride.

Or the guy I came across whilst walking my dog (on short leash, with LED flashlight on) the other night who, completely unable to recall his unleashed dogs (lab and pup) as they were approaching mine (and as I was asking him -nicely, neutrally- to recall them), shouted that "if my dog attacked his, he'd knock my f***** teeth in". Then proceeded to hurl still more abusive language as he walked by and past, and as I was asking him why on earth was he speaking to me like that for (I didn't know him from Adam, still don't) (again, no joke). No dog fight, no fist thrown, so I just let it ride.

There's been more still, they're just the ones that spring to mind. Perhaps being (remaining) calm and logical is what aggravates these people, they're feeling diminished by it? Who knows. WTF is getting wrong with people? :confused:

I drive a Merc, btw. And I'm generally the 'nice' guy who lets you out or across or into the overtaking lane. Treating others as I'd like to be treated, but that seems to be a fast-vanishing approach to life...perhaps I should just see the error of my ways, get with the program, and cash in on my of years of personal and £ investment into taekwondo training :D

Edited by L00b

...perhaps I should just see the error of my ways, get with the program and cash in on my of years of personal and £ investment into taekwondo training :D

Yes, this, just do this. Perhaps if a few more inconsiderate dickwads got a kicking when they act like completely arseholes to strangers they'd be nicer people.

Ones that stick in my mind...

Joining the motorway, or fast dual carriageways... you are meant to match your road speed to the conditions and join. So why do some many people just drive down at whatever speed and move over, even when there is obviously a car actually in the way? Not even close behind or front of them but actually side by side. Do they now really think it's up to the people on the road to move over for them?

Had one person try it - wanted to join at J36, so came up and tried to push me over. Iw asnt moving - lane 2 was empty but there was a fast car coming up behind and if I'd moved hed have to move, and Id not be having chance to indicate much...

So the stupid **** in the Audi - who could either have eased the throttle or gone faster drove into the side of me. Then proceeds to decide it's my fault because I didn't move and he'd got nowhere to go. This is shouted in my face from three inches away whilst he's trying to force his way into the car....

Ones that stick in my mind...

Joining the motorway, or fast dual carriageways... you are meant to match your road speed to the conditions and join. So why do some many people just drive down at whatever speed and move over, even when there is obviously a car actually in the way? Not even close behind or front of them but actually side by side. Do they now really think it's up to the people on the road to move over for them?

Had one person try it - wanted to join at J36, so came up and tried to push me over. Iw asnt moving - lane 2 was empty but there was a fast car coming up behind and if I'd moved hed have to move, and Id not be having chance to indicate much...

So the stupid **** in the Audi - who could either have eased the throttle or gone faster drove into the side of me. Then proceeds to decide it's my fault because I didn't move and he'd got nowhere to go. This is shouted in my face from three inches away whilst he's trying to force his way into the car....

<pedant mode>Although the counterargument to this is that you should be aware of the driver trying to join and therefore should have pulled into lane 2 ahead of time to maintain the flow of traffic. Then you would have had ample time to indicate allowing the other faster car behind you to also move out a lane...</pedant mode>

I am aware of the other driver attempting to join. I can either move into another lane which *requires* someone else to take action to avoid a collision. (landrover doing 55mph is not something to try and insert into a fast flowing lane) or Audi muggins can do what he's meant to do, which is actually look at the lane he's joining. He didn't do either - I'm confident he never even looked over his shoulder at all.

I can either brake - which doesn't help if he slows down, or speed up and he could speed up... Never a good idea to second guess what they are going to do...