The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

I’m interested in cars, used to work on mine, the problem as I see it is that folk just treat them as tools that get them from A to B, I bet that there are a fair few on this forum who have no idea where their bonnet catch is located. I see bad drivers that must have no idea that they are still alive thanks to good drivers. 

I’m currently trying to stop waiving/flashing other drivers into my traffic flow, because many just stay put, they obviously haven’t got Scooby Do of what I’m doing. Last but not least, there appears to be a section of drivers with appalling manners who have no hesitation in blocking drives and parking in front of garage doors.

Rant over, have a nice, safe day.

I cannot believe that anyone, who drives on the same roads as I do, seriously questions the fact that the worst (as in most aggressive and most likely to speed) drivers drive German cars, especially Audis.

I'm not saying all German car drivers are bad, and all non German car drivers are good, but there is, without any shadow of a doubt, a higher proportion of bad German car drivers, esp Audi drivers.

Latest example. I drive through Wharncliffe Side a lot, there is a 40mph speed limit there with speed camera. Unless there is some good reason I drive at 40mph there, not 20, or even 30. I have only once ever been overtaken there, the other guy must have been doing at least 50, and possibly 60 to actually pass me.

It was an Audi.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

(…)

I have only once ever been overtaken there, the other guy must have been doing at least 50, and possibly 60 to actually pass me.

It was an Audi.

Pah! I drive a lot worse than that.

But my car is not an Audi.

Your statistical corpus of 1 is now redundant 😘

• 2 weeks later...

My wife was hit by a driver who has compensation problems as he had to drive a B__ M____  W____. Refused to acknowledge he caused the accident so the excess has not been repaid since July last year.

Taking my crowbar for a ride later.

Edited by Findlay

Can't be just co-incidence.

In affluent North Toronto, the the guys (not women) who try to beat the lights, weave in and out of traffic, and make sudden turns without signaling, seem to drive all black cars.

I blamed black cars because the aggressive drivers seemed to prefer that color, but yes they were mostly German, with the Audi being the most common.

I think JS is definitely on to something!

What it all means, I've no idea.

Dark colour cars such as black and dark grey should be banned for private use. I've seen cars on motorways and country roads with no lights on when they should instinctively be on. They are really hard to see and only visible as a silhouette from another cars lights.

On 09/01/2022 at 12:34, crookesey said:

I’m interested in cars, used to work on mine, the problem as I see it is that folk just treat them as tools that get them from A to B, I bet that there are a fair few on this forum who have no idea where their bonnet catch is located. I see bad drivers that must have no idea that they are still alive thanks to good drivers. 

I’m currently trying to stop waiving/flashing other drivers into my traffic flow, because many just stay put, they obviously haven’t got Scooby Do of what I’m doing. Last but not least, there appears to be a section of drivers with appalling manners who have no hesitation in blocking drives and parking in front of garage doors.

Rant over, have a nice, safe day.

Those are my pet hates also. One of the first things my driving instructor told me 60 odd years ago was, treat every other driver as if they are an idiot. Very relevant today.

This worse car driver nonsense has been sported for years.

There may be a coincidence that certain makes appear to be more prominent.

It's a Volvo - worse drivers in the world - antique dealers 🚪.

It's a BMW - they don't indicate or drive about like idiots especially women BMW drivers.

Dark coloured cars - (there might be an 🐘 of truth here) hide in your blind spot in the dark with no lights on especially on motorways.

Reliant's - driven by people without a proper licence (used to be true :blush: ).

Why Audi drivers are getting stick on here i'm not sure? 

The easiest rule of thumb is -TRUST NO ONE. 

Keep safe out there 8) .