The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

TBH I genuinely think anyone arguing Audis drivers are not, on average, the worst, is trolling.

We have just driven back from Stocksbridge and saw one of the most dangerous overtakes I can remember in years. There was a  van, then the culpable car then us. The van, a small tipper actually, was doing about 40/45 (surely not worth overtaking unless it was 100% safe) but the dipstick driver still overtakes across the solid white line (with a blind crest and a semi blind bend up ahead ! ), I could not believe it. However, it got even more "exiting" when a car appeared when he was just past the rear of the tipper, a real tightened sphincter moment, and that was just me...... I expected the moron motorist to brake hard and dip back in behind the tipper, but no he accelerates even harder and just got in before the other car would have hit him - I assume the latter had to brake to avoid an accident.....

The car ?

A metallic blue Audi.

Same journey, but admittedly not in the same league as our aberrant Audi, going past Oughtibridge tissues and a car coming the other way, I estimate doing over 50 (it's  a 40 limit).

The car ?

A white BMW.

The worst drivers are those driving stolen cars of whatever manufacture and those driving without insurance.

Plus of course drink and drug drivers.

There are several other categories including some company car drivers and some transit drivers.

As a special category I will include some young ladies who seem to   have no concept of braking distances and consequently tailgate .

Guest sibon
36 minutes ago, RJRB said:

The worst drivers are those driving stolen cars of whatever manufacture and those driving without insurance.

There are several other categories including some company car drivers and some transit drivers.

As a special category I will include some young ladies who seem to   have no concept of braking distances and consequently tailgate .

I’ll also add nervous, hesitant drivers who endlessly criticise others.

44 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Hmmm... :huh:

When I'm out with my tranny, I seem to get a lot of intolerant people waving their fists at me! :(

• Haha 1

On 16/07/2022 at 17:12, RJRB said:

(…)

That practice is not restricted to young ladies.

I have a male IT manager in his early 50s, whose insurer got handed  a €2k bill by my insurer for my new back bumper earlier this year, to prove that 😜

Plenty more who are luckier and do not hit, and it’s a real kaleidoscope of drivers, car makes and sizes. Though next time, I’d rather a Fiat 500 or a Smart car, than a VW Amarok with a front winch (uncovered, an’all) 🤬

• 2 weeks later...

From personal experience people who drive the big German made cars (Audi, Mercedes, BMW) are the worst, next up seem to be Seat drivers, I think they want an Audi, they just can't afford one.

Then comes our local drug dealer, his Fiesta is battered and currently has no valid MOT, surprise surprise!

On 16/07/2022 at 16:56, The_DADDY said:

Worst drivers?

After numerous recent experiences I'd say without a doubt it's Taxis/Private hire drivers.

They seem absolutely shocking of late.

I agree with you there. I got a taxi from S12 to the N.G.H. and he was on his phone all the way and we were lucky not to have an incident at the Attercliffe roundabouts. The only time he spoke was to tell me the cost.