The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

• 3 months later...
On 16/07/2022 at 14:56, Chekhov said:

TBH I genuinely think anyone arguing Audis drivers are not, on average, the worst, is trolling.

We have just driven back from Stocksbridge and saw one of the most dangerous overtakes I can remember in years. There was a  van, then the culpable car then us. The van, a small tipper actually, was doing about 40/45 (surely not worth overtaking unless it was 100% safe) but the dipstick driver still overtakes across the solid white line (with a blind crest and a semi blind bend up ahead ! ), I could not believe it. However, it got even more "exiting" when a car appeared when he was just past the rear of the tipper, a real tightened sphincter moment, and that was just me...... I expected the moron motorist to brake hard and dip back in behind the tipper, but no he accelerates even harder and just got in before the other car would have hit him - I assume the latter had to brake to avoid an accident.....

The car ?

A metallic blue Audi.

OMG ! ! ! ! !

Coming back from Stockbridge, in the dark, and a wet road as well, just coming down the hill to where the (blind) bends are before the water treatment works. I was doing about 50, when a car appeared behind me at a great rate of knots, I estimate his speed as 70mph or more. I remember thinking what is the point of him driving that fast when he cannot get past me anyway as the blind bends are approaching and there's  a solid white line.  But, of course, he accelerated and shot past me, crossing the the solid white line in the process just as a blind bend was approaching, I reckon at that point he was doing 80 odd (in a 60 limit, in the dark, and wet).

The car ?

A white Audi.

So, that's three appalling pieces of driving I have seen on that road in the last year or two, and all three were Audis.

So, yes, anyone arguing Audis drivers are not, on average, the worst, must be trolling.

It’s cars with engines and tyres that are the problem. All the cars behaving badly on the Stocksbridge bypass had tyres and engines.

You won’t see a car without tyres, or an engine rampaging down the bypass. You just won’t.

Anyone can see the connection.

I’ve got a graph about it somewhere..,

35 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

OMG ! ! ! ! !

Coming back from Stockbridge, in the dark, and a wet road as well, just coming down the hill to where the (blind) bends are before the water treatment works. I was doing about 50, when a car appeared behind me at a great rate of knots, I estimate his speed as 70mph or more. I remember thinking what is the point of him driving that fast when he cannot get past me anyway as the blind bends are approaching and there's  a solid white line.  But, of course, he accelerated and shot past me, crossing the the solid white line in the process just as a blind bend was approaching, I reckon at that point he was doing 80 odd (in a 60 limit, in the dark, and wet).

The car ?

A white Audi.

So, that's three appalling pieces of driving I have seen on that road in the last year or two, and all three were Audis.

So, yes, anyone arguing Audis drivers are not, on average, the worst, must be trolling.

Talking about trolling  … 😃

48 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

OMG ! ! ! ! !

The car ?

A white Audi.

Had an audi glued to my rear bumper almost all the way along Bawtry road a few weeks ago. I get to the Tinsley roundabout where she then overtook at speed and went through the red lights. 

So I reported her.

Fingers crossed she gets some points and a big fine.

Also had a civic with a daft exhaust pull onto Bawtry road and almost took us out. It was quite scary but also quite nice to see someone other than an audi driver driving like a fruitcake.

12 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Had an audi glued to my rear bumper almost all the way along Bawtry road a few weeks ago. I get to the Tinsley roundabout where she then overtook at speed and went through the red lights. 

So I reported her.

Fingers crossed she gets some points and a big fine.

Also had a civic with a daft exhaust pull onto Bawtry road and almost took us out. It was quite scary but also quite nice to see someone other than an audi driver driving like a fruitcake.

she then overtook at speed and went through the red lights. 

Interesting point.

There was  a time when women driving like that was exceptionally rare, but it is becoming less so. Actually I think that needs a thread all on its own !

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

I suggest that we all concentrate on our own driving, there is sod all that we can do about others.

Quite right.

Someone gets in the wrong lane, so what! (we've all done it) do we rant n rave - make a point and be belligerent? no, a good driver will have been aware the chances are the driver at the side of him / her was likely to want to change lanes. held back and let them in.

Good motoring ✔️

Doesn't matter if it's a Smart Car or a Roller there is no such thing as a particular car 'Worst' drivers prefer, all have the potential to be lethal. 

Chekov

Actually, with the advent of dashcams, that not really true any more is it ?

Dashcams in no way 'Help' your motoring.

Keep safe out there 8).

6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Unfortunately even with dashcam footage, unless they're specifically asking for it, South Yorkshire police aren't interested in submissions even if a party involved in an incident is injured*. 

SYP have also refused to become involved in Operation Snap. A UK wide initiative where members of the public upload footage of illegal/dangerous driving and the local force use it to prosecute. AFAIK most forces in the UK have signed up.

* Witnessed a collsion last year in where a motorcyclist who was weaving in and out of traffic at speed decided to swerve violently across 3 lanes of traffic on the RA at junction 33 from L1 to L3 and slammed into a car in L3, he came off, over the bonnet of the car and then was promptly hit by it. All of this was captured on my dashcam and I stopped at the scene, calling the emergency services. I offered the footage to attending officers, after they dealt with the carnage & they said they'd be in touch for the footage. Deleted the footage 6 months later as it was clear they weren't interested. 

6 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Quite right.

Someone gets in the wrong lane, so what! (we've all done it) do we rant n rave - make a point and be belligerent? no, a good driver will have been aware the chances are the driver at the side of him / her was likely to want to change lanes. held back and let them in.

Good motoring ✔️

Doesn't matter if it's a Smart Car or a Roller there is no such thing as a particular car 'Worst' drivers prefer, all have the potential to be lethal. 

Chekov

Dashcams in no way 'Help' your motoring.

Keep safe out there 8).

And you're part of the problem, the "just let them in" crowd, which just positively reinforces their poor driving to which they will just do it more.