The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

9 minutes ago, Resident said:

Unfortunately even with dashcam footage, unless they're specifically asking for it, South Yorkshire police aren't interested in submissions even if a party involved in an incident is injured*

SYP have also refused to become involved in Operation Snap. A UK wide initiative where members of the public upload footage of illegal/dangerous driving and the local force use it to prosecute. AFAIK most forces in the UK have signed up.

* Witnessed a collsion last year in where a motorcyclist who was weaving in and out of traffic at speed decided to swerve violently across 3 lanes of traffic on the RA at junction 33 from L1 to L3 and slammed into a car in L3, he came off, over the bonnet of the car and then was promptly hit by it. All of this was captured on my dashcam and I stopped at the scene, calling the emergency services. I offered the footage to attending officers, after they dealt with the carnage & they said they'd be in touch for the footage. Deleted the footage 6 months later as it was clear they weren't interested. 

Footage can be submitted to the Online Dashcam portal 

https://nextbase.co.uk/national-dash-cam-safety-portal/

Footage is viewed by a police employee and any necessary action is taken.

I regularly submit footage to the portal and get a reply within 5 days from the dedicated SYP dashcam review officer. The consequences are usually an education day at their expense or six points and court.

My car is in the bodyshop now getting repaired after someone sideswiped me. Without dashcam footage I wouldn't have been able to claim.

Commercial drivers like, small van drivers and taxi drivers are notoriously bad drivers, whatever they drive. If you had to pin it down, it would have to be the german manufacturers.
The driving test is too generic and like a fork lift truck they have to repeat a test every five years. They also have to undergo local equipment training like the type of fork lift truck and local hazard training.

I reckon we are at a point with a high percentage over over 70's driving there needs to be a general retest. This should include a specific car power test with both city & rural roads testing.

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Unfortunately even with dashcam footage, unless they're specifically asking for it, South Yorkshire police aren't interested in submissions even if a party involved in an incident is injured*. 

SYP have also refused to become involved in Operation Snap. A UK wide initiative where members of the public upload footage of illegal/dangerous driving and the local force use it to prosecute. AFAIK most forces in the UK have signed up.

* Witnessed a collsion last year in where a motorcyclist who was weaving in and out of traffic at speed decided to swerve violently across 3 lanes of traffic on the RA at junction 33 from L1 to L3 and slammed into a car in L3, he came off, over the bonnet of the car and then was promptly hit by it. All of this was captured on my dashcam and I stopped at the scene, calling the emergency services. I offered the footage to attending officers, after they dealt with the carnage & they said they'd be in touch for the footage. Deleted the footage 6 months later as it was clear they weren't interested. 

And you're part of the problem, the "just let them in" crowd, which just positively reinforces their poor driving to which they will just do it more. 

And your alternative is to be belligerent stay in YOUR lane and get side swiped.

Rocker 8)

Happy to be a problem rather than calling for a tow truck

7 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

A lot of women just havn't got the concept of driver courtesy, ie flashing the head lights or an acknowledgment of thanks using a hand gesture. :roll:

Very true. I'd say for every 10 men I give way to around 7 or 8 will acknowledge it but out of every 10 women I'm lucky to get 1 or 2 at most.

Not that I mind really but a thank you makes for a more pleasant journey. 

1 minute ago, RJRB said:

So,are women driving Audi’s the worst of the worst I wonder.

If we are judging by near misses, panics and general intolerance of other road users, this thread has highlighted one very strong candidate for the title of  “worst driver”.

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

If we are judging by near misses, panics and general intolerance of other road users, this thread has highlighted one very strong candidate for the title of  “worst driver”.

So what car does he drive?

That is the question.