Brian Laws - Wednesday manager

well he gives a good interview, lets give him a chance and get behind them once again, lets hope we can keep a manager for a while for a change

Yes, comes across very well and I like his clean-cut appearance. He comes from Wallsend (noth of the Tyne) which I can tell you makes him a genuine "Geordie" unlike many who are called that because they come from the North East

I saw a brief excerpt from the press conference and it came across to me from Allen's perspective: "produce or out" whereas Laws, realising it wasn't going to happen overnight, described himself as a "builder".

I understand Allen's economics and he added that money for players would have to come from his own pocket and the forthcoming attitude at the AGM would determine what he was prepared to do in relation to that.

It takes me back to when Derek Dooley had done sterling work with the Development Fund and was then promoted to manager - (poor decision)

but all Dooley's efforts for the club, in various roles, suddenly were turned sour with a Christmas Eve sacking!

As has been said earlier, we can only hope it works out for everyone concerned though I'm not so sure it will. Just look at the clubs in the Championship who came down thinking they'd go straight back up; it isn't easy, let alone with financial debts and constraints.

Laws will be welcomed by the shareholders, as were Jewell,Turner and Sturrock in recent years. I heard the Turner press conference when he arrived, according to Allen - the best thing since sliced bread. Alas, not to be!

heard an interview with him on Radio Sheffield this morning. He said:

"I will not be making an aproach to sign any Scunthorpe players"

when asked why, he said:

"Because we can't afford them"

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Brilliant!!!!!!

So if you can't afford to sign Scunny players, what chance has he got!?!?!

Up the Blades!

Archived