Anyone remember Park Baths

kezzzza

going to the park baths brings back memories of my childhood a group of us used to go in the holidays we lived on the manor and used to walk over themanor fields then busit back. i can rember the changing rooms being along side of the pool.after we usedto call to the pie shop .if i can remember it wasa converted front room of a house.those little oval pies were the most delicious pies i have ever eaten

Where on the Manor did you live prior to 1945. bushbaby 3?

Do you or anyone else recall a small aircraft landing in the field next to the Manor fields and below the 'little wood' ( From memory it only had two trees in, one of those were dead)!!

I learnt to swim at Park baths as we used to go there every Friday night with our local Woodcraft group. I best remember buying a pennyworth of scraps (times were hard) from the chippy which we ate whilst waling up to the bus stop at the top of Fitzwalter Road.

Tazz

i did my first length at the park baths when i went to wybourn school . that man with the corset on with his big pole with the hook on the end of it stil gives me nightmares. (sounds a bit pervy that) but its true.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I remember Park Baths well, also the Brylcreem dispenser on the wall. The Pie shop also sticks in my memory as the place where I became adicted to Hendersons. Sadly, it is not available where I live on the edge of the fens and there is only about an inch left in the bottom of my bottle so it looks as though another trip to Sheffield is on the cards.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived