Anyone remember Park Baths

kezzzza

My sister signed me up for swimming lessons at Park Baths, I was terrified of the lady instructor. Still she did teach me to swim. The lad from the corner shop on Duke Street (just down and opposite - we used to call it Pedros) went at the same time. That must have been about the same sort of time the Barracuda's chimney caught fire (mid 70s).

we used to do our swimming gala from norfolk school there. i was never a good swimmer but we all did the 'pick up the brick' challenge and none of us actually managed to do it!!

Yeh I used to go to Park Baths and when I was about 10 and couldn't swim I got pushed in the deep end. Well at least that encouraged me to swim and I am not to bad now.

The best part of going though was the pie and pea shop great when you came out starving well worth the walk home when you spent your bus fare on them.When I think about it I used to walk a lot to save bus fares in those days.:thumbsup:

Yeh I used to go to Park Baths and when I was about 10 and couldn't swim I got pushed in the deep end. Well at least that encouraged me to swim and I am not to bad now.

The best part of going though was the pie and pea shop great when you came out starving well worth the walk home when you spent your bus fare on them.When I think about it I used to walk a lot to save bus fares in those days.:thumbsup:

how long ago was this if you dont mind me asking?

Hiya Silly, Nice to see you. Surely it wasn't pie and peas but pie and Hendersons? Ah yes I have a distant memory of it. It was habit forming though and, as you know, I would drive a long way for my next bottle - also for Hendersons.

M

Hiya Silly, Nice to see you. Surely it wasn't pie and peas but pie and Hendersons? Ah yes I have a distant memory of it. It was habit forming though and, as you know, I would drive a long way for my next bottle - also for Hendersons.

M

Yes I did have relish on it but at that time did't know it was Hendersons only that it tasted good as for driving a long way yes but not often enough.:rant:

Archived