Does Anyone Remember Sheaf Valley Baths

kezzzza

Does anyone remember Sheaf Valley swimming baths?

There were three pools and the main one was always freezing cold!!

DID YOU DARE JUMP FROM THE TOP DIVING BOARD AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!:gag: :gag: :confused:

Yes, my lads loved it.Seemed really modern then.They were always very good swimmers and divers and used to dive from the top diving board when they were quite young. Didnt Rolf Harris paint on one of the walls.Sure I can remember a toddlers pool as well.

Yes, my lads loved it.Seemed really modern then.They were always very good swimmers and divers and used to dive from the top diving board when they were quite young. Didnt Rolf Harris paint on one of the walls.Sure I can remember a toddlers pool as well.

Yeah, there was three pools, a toddlers one, the main one(where the deep end was in the middle), and the diving pool.

I do recall a painting on the wall by Rolf Harris.

Yeah, there was three pools, a toddlers one, the main one(where the deep end was in the middle), and the diving pool.

I do recall a painting on the wall by Rolf Harris.

I suppose the painting would be quite valuable now.Wonder if they managed to save it, or was it painted straight onto the bricks ? Yes, I can remember the deep end being in the middle, thats quite unusual isnt it.?

I thought the Rolf Harris thing was a pattern made out of different coloured blue tiles. Can't quite remember now. It was next to the diving pool though.

I thought the Rolf Harris thing was a pattern made out of different coloured blue tiles. Can't quite remember now. It was next to the diving pool though.

Yes, I think you may be right,Hecate. I can also slightly remember different coloured blue tiles,just as you describe.

no it wasn't. it was on the wall right in the far corner, near the big window, that overlooked the train station, and it was huge. it was on its own frame, and not tiles.

Unfortunately I have no idea what happened to the pic.... wasn't there a thread elsewhere on here about it?

Archived