Kickboxing in sheffield

hi

i want to learn kickboxing (mixed martial arts) asap ive always put it off as i though id be too tired with work family ect but now i want to give it a go as ive always been a big fighting fan (ufc love it)

i know there have been lots of threads ect on simular but if you wouldnt mind giving me the names info ect on the good ones dont want to go to any ones which are not up to standards

i would be using public transport from s8 area but willing to travel if need be

and any info on the cost like per lesson do i need to pay membership fees and buy uniform ect

any info helps tips and advice would be great

:thumbsup: thanks guys

hi

i want to learn kickboxing (mixed martial arts) asap ive always put it off as i though id be too tired with work family ect but now i want to give it a go as ive always been a big fighting fan (ufc love it)

i know there have been lots of threads ect on simular but if you wouldnt mind giving me the names info ect on the good ones dont want to go to any ones which are not up to standards

i would be using public transport from s8 area but willing to travel if need be

and any info on the cost like per lesson do i need to pay membership fees and buy uniform ect

any info helps tips and advice would be great

:thumbsup: thanks guys

Hi Steve

Our website is

http://www.sheffieldkickboxing.com

People train at our gym for a variety of reasons .

Some train for fitness/weight loss. Others for Self defense, and some for competition. Of course there is also a Full Grading syllabus from White right up to Black belt.

The grading syllabus is comprehensive and eclectic in nature.

The techniques from our syllabus are such that we have students from our system competing in both American style kickboxing(boxing+kicks above the belt) as well as Oriental style (kicks allowed all over , legs included and use of clinchwork and knees allowed).

You can see wether or not our club is up to standard or not at our fight night!

7 of our fighters in total (out of 10 bouts) will be fighting on the show.They all range in ability, some rather basic (but very game and fit) while there are a few who are quite handy.

We also work closely with Royce Gracie Ju Jitsu academy in Dronfield and Norton. Their instructor openly advocates our club and many of his guys come to our club for stand up training. His guys compete in MMA , im sure your familiar with the term being a UFC fan yourself :)

So wether its competition , self defense, gradings or fitness you are after, give AFK a try. Dont take my word for it. Try it for yourself.

hi chefkicker

thanks for your replys very informative thankyou and yes your right it was me who contacted you yesterday

i was trying to send you a private text but you have to have ten post or more to do this so it wouldnt let me lol

your club sounds fantastic eveything you say everything you teach cost insurance uniform i agree with reasonable and fair.

the only thing you see is where you are i dont really know that area (would it be one bus or two from lowedges)

moving on ....

ive just recieved this im sure the nice person wont mind me copying it to put on the thread as im from lowedges so what hes showing me is alot nearer what do you think???Hi Steve

I'm a big fan of the UFC too and train kickboxing and BJJ. Our club has some fighters competing at a MMA comp this weekend in Doncaster.

You could come and train some ground at our Royce Gracie club on Mondays at the Dronfield School in Dronfield or Wednesdays at the Graves Tennis centre in Sheffield (Norton) 8.15 to 10.15.

We have loads of new people training at the mo and aswell as people with a bit more experience.

Hope that you can make it down.

Regards

Chris

hi chefkicker

thanks for your replys very informative thankyou and yes your right it was me who contacted you yesterday

i was trying to send you a private text but you have to have ten post or more to do this so it wouldnt let me lol

your club sounds fantastic eveything you say everything you teach cost insurance uniform i agree with reasonable and fair.

the only thing you see is where you are i dont really know that area (would it be one bus or two from lowedges)

moving on ....

ive just recieved this im sure the nice person wont mind me copying it to put on the thread as im from lowedges so what hes showing me is alot nearer what do you think???Hi Steve

I'm a big fan of the UFC too and train kickboxing and BJJ. Our club has some fighters competing at a MMA comp this weekend in Doncaster.

You could come and train some ground at our Royce Gracie club on Mondays at the Dronfield School in Dronfield or Wednesdays at the Graves Tennis centre in Sheffield (Norton) 8.15 to 10.15.

We have loads of new people training at the mo and aswell as people with a bit more experience.

Hope that you can make it down.

Regards

Chris

Hi Steve

Chris trains his kickboxing with us. What you might want to do , is do one day a week with Chris at Brazilian Ju Jitsu, and then do your stand up (i..e kickboxing) with us.

Chris and his mates do their stand up training with us anyway.

Happy training!

hi

thats something to think about thanks

No worries mate,

if you came down on one of the Friday sessions, you would meet all those guys.

Now we are going to be closed on Friday 17th November , due to the fight night.

All of AFK's coaches have been drafted into helping with the show and the fighters are,... well fighting!!! At least all the ones we managed to get matched up.

That is very sad indeed.

So he's from the old Cikara then.

Very sad , makes you feel lucky that your family is alive and well at times like this. Feel for the poor old parents!!! Amir is 25, I dont know how old his brother was, but I imagine he could be anything from teens (or younger) till say 30's?

Tragic to say the least. Yes Amir is from the old Chikara trained by Big Dave Walker.

The fight record was my idea of sense of humour though because I knew that someone on here knows Paul Cropper and Paul reads this too.Amir is in actual fact a one fight novice. Turns out that Paul Cropper has been taken ill (pretty badly ill too!).

Overall a very sad situation

Archived