Can you judge a person by what newspaper they read?

Can you judge a person by what newspaper they read?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Can you judge a person by what newspaper they read?

• Yes
    • No
    • To some extent

Originally posted by Lickszz

Blair must realise how valuable the support of The Sun is or he would not have pandered to Murdoch.

True. Are we heading to an eventual situation where Murdoch will dictate national policy and Bush will dictate foreign policy?

Originally posted by Tony

On Saturday I came back from the paper shop with an FT, a YP, and a Sheffield Telegraph and I couldn't find a daily Telegraph. On Sunday I bought a Sunday Times.

What would you make of that? :confused:

I personally don't make anything of it. I read all the broadsheets and some tabloids but I am able to come to my own conclusion on the things that I read.

Originally posted by Abdul

True. Are we heading to an eventual situation where Murdoch will dictate national policy and Bush will dictate foreign policy?

It comes to something when the likes of Murdoch have more influence over Blair than his own cabinet.

If you look at all of the papers both broadsheet and tabloid by my reckoning Labour have a big majority in support terms compared to other parties.

I'd be surprised if that were true. This is from memory so it might be wrong but at the last election I think Labour had The Guardian, Mirror, Sun, and Times.

As I recall William Hague was supported by The Express, Star, Torygraph, Metro, People, Evening Standard.

I think that the FT, Independent, Sport were non-aligned.

I am pretty sure that most local papers are owned by Associated Press who won the Mail, ie are Tory supporting in general. I have a feeling that The Star isn't owned by this group, however.

Blair must realise how valuable the support of The Sun is or he would not have pandered to Murdoch.

If that is the case why is the Government promoting the Eurpoean Constitution, which Murdoch is so opposed to?

It comes to something when the likes of Murdoch have more influence over Blair than his own cabinet.

It's because Blair is so far up the likes of Bush's collective arses he can't see the wood for the trees :loopy:

Originally posted by Smiler

I'd be surprised if that were true. This is from memory so it might be wrong but at the last election I think Labour had The Guardian, Mirror, Sun, and Times.

As I recall William Hague was supported by The Express, Star, Torygraph, Metro, People, Evening Standard.

I think that the FT, Independent, Sport were non-aligned.

I am pretty sure that most local papers are owned by Associated Press who won the Mail, ie are Tory supporting in general. I have a feeling that The Star isn't owned by this group, however.

If that is the case why is the Government promoting the Eurpoean Constitution, which Murdoch is so opposed to?

Broadsheets

Telegraph = Tory

Times = Murdoch Labour supporter.

Guardian = Labour supporter

Independent = Liberal flip-flops.

What else,

Daily Mirror = Labour

The Sun = Murdoch Labour supporter

Daily Express = Owner contributed to Labour party funds.

Daily Mail = Tory

That is 5/8 of the nationals with only 2 Tory.

The Daily Star etc, I am not familiar with them so have no idea.

I don't think you read my post properly. In short, Murdoch stated that he would not back Labour in the next election unless he committed to a Referendum. The next thing Blair promises one (at some point).

It would seem that Murdoch as more influence over Blair than his own cabinet.

Archived