Can you judge a person by what newspaper they read?

Can you judge a person by what newspaper they read?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Can you judge a person by what newspaper they read?

• Yes
    • No
    • To some extent

Originally posted by Fareast

And do people always read papers with which they agree ?

Must be a bit of a boring , predictable read !

I would guess that a fair few people read newspaper for the news :) In fact maybe we should ban editorials, they seem to cause more trouble than they are worth! ;)

Originally posted by rich951

I would guess that a fair few people read newspaper for the news :) In fact maybe we should ban editorials, they seem to cause more trouble than they are worth! ;)

I realise that comment was tongue-in-cheek, but I want to reiterate that I read newspapers mainly for the editorials, or more often for the comment pieces. Yes, they're often biased, but they also range a lot wider than straight news pieces. I think that if you familiarise yourself with the language of newspapers, the differences between them, and the standpoints of various commentators, then it's not too hard to disentangle truth from polemic and learn a lot as a result.

i read the daily star!

i have no interest in politics, no interest in anything remotely true, i want gossip, stupid stories about god being found in a potato, a problem page, tv page, bit of footy and dominik diamond ripping the **** out of everyone :)

the real world is full of depressing stories, id rather have a bit of entertainment.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Lickszz

Daily Express = Owner contributed to Labour party funds.

I'm pretty sure the Express had switched back to the Tories before the last election.

And don't forget the sales of the Telegraph are probably more than the rest of the "broadsheets" put together.

Originally posted by kathythebean

:hihi: Very good strix.

Or the sudoku. They are certainly the 'next big thing' this summer, aren't they!

:blush: I have a template typed up for curing those :blush:

It's the only thing I've found that takes priority over foruming :suspect:

Originally posted by Longcol

And don't forget the sales of the Telegraph are probably more than the rest of the "broadsheets" put together.

Telegraph sales are not quite as rosy as Lord Black would have you believe.

Half of the daily distribution of the Telegraph is made up of free copies given to posh hotels and banks, and by heavily subsidised copies to peasants like me.

As much as I disagree with the papers Ultra-Right Wing stance, it was very good value for 40p at the weekends :D

Archived