Ghost seen in Wicker Herbal Store!

The house we live in used to be owned by an old lady who had several cats and dogs. She used to keep the ashes of her late husband and her pets in the airing cupboard :o . This bedroom is now used by my son, who used to have his own dog in his bedroom at night. One night he got up to go to the toilet and he heard the sound of doggy footsteps on the laminate floor. He called to the dog to stay where she was and when he opened the door saw that she had never got off her bed. I daren't tell him the past history or he will refuse to sleep in the room again :D

is it one of those magic eye pics cos ive stared at it for about 5 minutes and all i can see is what looks like light/smoke, i thought it was going to be a real ghostie pic :(

it doesn't look like smoke or a hand it looks like a reflection of the light from the flash from the drinks glasses that are on the table in front - maybe there was a smear on the lens from a finger print that refracted the light, causing this effect.

definately not supernatural!

sorry jabs

Nope everything was checked. Theres no reasonable explanation for the image-at least until the results of the tests come back from De Montfort.

I wish you could see the pic without having to look at it on a comp screen, the real thing is far more convincing.

The property probably goes back to the 1700's, the Brown Bear that is a similar age has the original Georgian foot rake (minus the metal bit, I can remember it having the metal bit). It was an art shop for donkeys years but if you stand back and look at it you will see that it was definately a private residence to start with.

So if we have a member who has access to the Town Hall records they could most probably trace every tenant/owner that it has had, I bet it has a story to tell.

• 3 weeks later...

find out more about the ghost who haunts wicker herbal stores, the brown bear and other places in the centre of sheffield by reading haunted sheffield by darren johnson-smith. he is the guy who conducts the ghost tours in sheffield and will be telling all about them at blackwell bookshop sheffield hallam on 14th dec at 6pm.

im supposed to be going on one of his tours next monday so will keep you posted itf i see anything. whooooooo whoooooo

Some sad people out there,typical non beleiver coments,read about wicker before,has a bit of history of hauntings,but this message is to all those people who make silly comments because its easy to take the p*ss so how about a trip to "general cemetary" one night,if ghosts don't exist you ain't got nothing to be AFRAID OF AHAVE YOU? mmm!

Archived