Ghost seen in Wicker Herbal Store!

The upper floor at Volserve House, near West Bar Police Station, is supposed to be haunted, particularly near the gents' toilet...

Several years ago, I photographed an old house where some friends of my parents lived in Windsor, with an infrared film,a nd there are several ghostly faces in upstairs windows in one of the pictures..!

I'd love to live in a haunted house but would hate it at the same time cos of the whole 'privacy' thing. i bet ghosts see a lot of sex! As regards to that health food shop, im often in there but have never felt anything.

Course they do ha ha so do we were all on the internet now, dont worry about it :hihi:

I'd love to live in a haunted house but would hate it at the same time cos of the whole 'privacy' thing. i bet ghosts see a lot of sex! As regards to that health food shop, im often in there but have never felt anything.

I popped in the other day with the girl I work with, whose sister works in there. She told me the exact spot where the ghost appeared from and where it disappeared to. You could feel how much colder these places were. It almost felt as if there was a slight draught blowing on you. Now its possible it was just a draught, its just that, it wasn't near any of the windows or door, and there were no vents in the ceiling or anything. Strange.

I'm interested in that book signing thing at Blackwells. I think I might call in there and have a chat!

• 6 years later...

I am interested in Sheffield as my paternal family came from there. The Wicker herbalists seem to have some links with the family. Any Westons, Birchs, or Tandys with links to this area? Love to hear from you

I am interested in Sheffield as my paternal family came from there. The Wicker herbalists seem to have some links with the family. Any Westons, Birchs, or Tandys with links to this area? Love to hear from you

My grandads best friend from childhood to the grave was a Weston....Ernest.

Lived in Loxley. Buried in Wisewood cemetery

When I was a kid I looked into a mirror with a black candle burning in front of it while reciting the lords prayer backwards.All my face became all distorted and evil like and a sense of fear gripped my throat as I realised the devil had entered me. 3 sleepless nights later and my dad convinced me it was just a figment of my imagination and that ghosts are just the same. I moved into my house 27 yrs a go after the prior occupier hung himself in it and I havnt heard a peep out of him since because hes dead and doesnt live here anymore

You've got me curious now - going to go in for a look around and see if I can 'feel' anything!

The library was a medical school I've been told and the slab that they cut up bodies on is now in the cellar of the Wicker Herbal Store so I think that may have something to do with the ghost maybe.

It seems to me that Ghost Sightings are 100% in Old buildings or where Old buildings used to be. Given that only some people see the ghosts (when everyone should see them) is there some connection in this?

Did the people who have seen ghosts have ancestors that visited near the same place or do they look like one of the ghosts relatives?

Personally I beleive in something paranormal, not sure whether it's ghosts or not, but I moved into a hundred year old house and since then I have seen many 'shadow people' walking/racing past me - I didn't know what these were before I mentioned it to a work colleague who knew all about the phenomena. Look up Shadow People on google for a comprehensive explanation.

It seems to me that Ghost Sightings are 100% in Old buildings or where Old buildings used to be.

It seems to me that that is a self evidently false observation.

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 12:48 ----------

I moved into a hundred year old house and since then I have seen many 'shadow people' walking/racing past me - I didn't know what these were before I mentioned it to a work colleague who knew all about the phenomena. Look up Shadow People on google for a comprehensive explanation.

AKA a load of old tosh.

Archived