Ghost seen in Wicker Herbal Store!

A bright sunny day,not a breath of wind,my uncle had died and my brother and myself were clearing out his house;my brother had left and I was sat in the back yard with the gate open;all of a sudden the gate shut to.I sat for a minute and opened it again and sat down and watched it close again.

Again I opened it but this time it stayed open.No wind to close it.

I went on a ghost tour in Sheffield and the guy said that this shop is one of the most haunted places in Sheffield. Apparently it used to be an art shop and the spirits were always causing problems for people! Now it's the medicine shop, the spirits are always knocking things off shelves, putting things in people's bags and pinching women on the bum! Can't say as I truly believe in these things myself, but a lot of people have independently said that spooky things have happened to them in this shop, even when they've been unaware of its ghostly reputation.

Ok well here goes & it's only because you've asked strix. I'll brace myself for the ridicule.....

It was my job to open up in the morning on my own at 11am, I often heard rustling, banging & shuffling but for me the noise was always centred around the bar area, That was where I felt most uneasy & where most of the noise came from. It was a central island (the bar) with a room at either side

My role was to clean the two bar areas, The snooker room & The gents & Ladies toilets. My cleaning fluids,equipment and henry hoover were kept in a locked cupboard in the ladies toilet. So all morning I would be going too & from the ladies for different cleaning equipment. It was usually as I was alighting from the ladies when there would be a loud bang or clatter but as I say, always from the bar area.

One particular day as I was emerging from the Ladies with mop bucket in hand a very loud "shouting" Male voice boomed my name "LINDSAY" it echoed round the whole pub. So I quickly stepped out into the bar area expecting to see my fiance had come to pick me up. But not a sole was there. i walked into the second bar area to make sure no one was playing games with me & then pulled my nokia out of my pocket & rang my fiance at home. If he didn't answer then I guessed he'd played a very unfunny joke on me given I was 3 months pregnant at the time. However he answered within seconds and as I heard the click of the phone. My blood ran cold.

Someone had most certainly (and very loudly) called my name that day in the pub and I was completely alone.

Needless to say I was only there for a few more days.

Apparently, I was told later a barmaid met her her end in the ball. She was found in the large fireplace with her head staved in. (i was later told the violence is untrue but she fell in the open fire and burned to death) I don't know which account is true but a young barmaid definitely met an untimely death there.

Strange thing is I never felt the uneasiness in the snooker room where the large fireplace was. I only felt uncomfortable near the bar.

:) thanks for sharing

You'll get a collection of 'explanations' from the usual suspects, but so what? They weren't there

I wonder why this one time your name was called out :confused: ... unless it wasn't actually for you :shocked:

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 23:38 ----------

Back last December i parked behind the Wicker pharmacy and saw a Victorian boy walk through a wall across the road. It didn't frighten me and i have no doubt it was a ghost.

It'd be interesting to know if there had once been a door there. Can you find the building on picture Sheffield?

Some sad people out there,typical non beleiver coments,read about wicker before,has a bit of history of hauntings,but this message is to all those people who make silly comments because its easy to take the p*ss so how about a trip to "general cemetary" one night,if ghosts don't exist you ain't got nothing to be AFRAID OF AHAVE YOU? mmm!

I wouldnt go in the general cemetery in broad daylight let alone at night,its a seriously unnerving place,and that abandoned chapel gave me the chills..

Ok well here goes & it's only because you've asked strix. I'll brace myself for the ridicule.....

It was my job to open up in the morning on my own at 11am, I often heard rustling, banging & shuffling but for me the noise was always centred around the bar area, That was where I felt most uneasy & where most of the noise came from. It was a central island (the bar) with a room at either side

My role was to clean the two bar areas, The snooker room & The gents & Ladies toilets. My cleaning fluids,equipment and henry hoover were kept in a locked cupboard in the ladies toilet. So all morning I would be going too & from the ladies for different cleaning equipment. It was usually as I was alighting from the ladies when there would be a loud bang or clatter but as I say, always from the bar area.

One particular day as I was emerging from the Ladies with mop bucket in hand a very loud "shouting" Male voice boomed my name "LINDSAY" it echoed round the whole pub. So I quickly stepped out into the bar area expecting to see my fiance had come to pick me up. But not a sole was there. i walked into the second bar area to make sure no one was playing games with me & then pulled my nokia out of my pocket & rang my fiance at home. If he didn't answer then I guessed he'd played a very unfunny joke on me given I was 3 months pregnant at the time. However he answered within seconds and as I heard the click of the phone. My blood ran cold.

Someone had most certainly (and very loudly) called my name that day in the pub and I was completely alone.

Needless to say I was only there for a few more days.

Apparently, I was told later a barmaid met her her end in the ball. She was found in the large fireplace with her head staved in. (i was later told the violence is untrue but she fell in the open fire and burned to death) I don't know which account is true but a young barmaid definitely met an untimely death there.

Strange thing is I never felt the uneasiness in the snooker room where the large fireplace was. I only felt uncomfortable near the bar.

Very weird that once happened to me I used to work in a shop on Heeley Retail Park, I worked in the office in the back, the staff canteen was next to it.

This one particular day one of the other staff was in the canteen and I was sat in the office when really loudly I heard my name shouted, thought it was my colleague in the canteen even though it didn't sound like her, I went to see what she wanted and she said she didn't shout me but she did hear my name called out and there was no one else in the back they were all on the shop floor. Freaked me out for a bit I can tell you.

Archived