Restaurant Guide and Forum for the Yorkshire area

blanksheff

There's a great website I just found when looking for somewhere to go and eat in Sheffield - yorkshirerestaurants.com

Really comprehensive guide, and menu's and drinks list arranged in a very user friendly fashion for the restaurants that have advertised, and are not just as a free listing.

Just thought that if anybody like myself is always looking for somewhere different to go, that they might benefit from it like I did!! I'd always heard about restaurants like Marco@Milano's but never knew where they were or what kind of menu they do, so it was nice to find a site that let me browse around and find what I wanted without asking me hundreds of questions about my price range, type of food, location, etc.etc.

Hopefully it will help others out too!

I'm sorry - I can't agree with your comment that it's better than Greedy Cow. Firstly - the cow has been closed down. I thought that site was excellent as reviews were written by actual people who went there - giving a better idea of how good or bad the restaurants were.

I've just had a quick look on that site and looking for Thai food - it returned only one which is Bhaan Thai - and doesn't even list the best Thai in Sheffield (Siam Inter) and for Japanese NOTHING. Looks flash but doesn't deliver IMO.

I'm sorry - I can't agree with your comment that it's better than Greedy Cow. Firstly - the cow has been closed down. I thought that site was excellent as reviews were written by actual people who went there - giving a better idea of how good or bad the restaurants were.

I've just had a quick look on that site and looking for Thai food - it returned only one which is Bhaan Thai - and doesn't even list the best Thai in Sheffield (Siam Inter) and for Japanese NOTHING. Looks flash but doesn't deliver IMO.

Alright stroppy pants! :P

I see what you mean, but I began to find the user comments unhelpful because they were too subjective - for most of the places one person would hate it whilst to another person it was their fav place. I like the fact on this website you can view the actual menu, prices & photos to make your mind up for yourself (eg 'expensive' to one person is 'cheap' to another)

A cross between both websites would be better... :thumbsup:

Alright stroppy pants! :P

Ha ha! Love the fact that complete strangers can call you anything 'pants'!!

Yes, a cross between both would be the best option ... as those corporatey type sites are just full of the restaurants own publicity ... I don't know why BBC closed Greedy Cow cos everyone I know used it ... a sad day indeed!:huh:

Ha ha! Love the fact that complete strangers can call you anything 'pants'!!

It's my favourite friendly insult! Also works with "stinky-pants", "moody-pants", "sleepy-pants".... :thumbsup:

I don't know why BBC closed Greedy Cow cos everyone I know used it ... a sad day indeed!:huh:

Yeah I only noticed today cos I was gonna put the link in this thread. Oh well :(

hiya. nice site.

you can also try TheBigMenu.co.uk - unlike many sites which just list name, address and telephone number, we actually provide comprehensive descriptions, menus and events for each venue.

Currently providing detailed info for over 100 restaurants, takeaways, pubs, cafes and bars in Sheffield. And all our reviews are by real people - so long as they are constructive that is! :thumbsup:

Mike

Ah hah, a plug for thebigmenu - i was wondering how long it would take.

I prefer yorkshirerestaurants.com - even though they may not have the full listing yet every time I check back they have more restaurants - obviously they are in the process of updating, which must take a while as they do cover the whole of Yorkshire... I think their site is much more comprehensive and user friendly than others, which is why i recommended it in the first place. Most others have corporate sponsors and links and what not, but yorkshire restaurants is entirely indpendent, and doesnt appear to have bought google listings like other sites have...

Don't see anything wrong in that (I assume I'm addressing a posting by Yorkshire Restaurants :thumbsup:) "Corporate sponsors" though, and Google Ads are somehow wrong? ... you've lost me there - our site doesn't have corporate sponsors, and Google Listings are a key part of our marketing, as are our leaflets and beer mats. :confused:

Nice site btw. I love the interactive map of Yorkshire.

Mike

Archived