Old manager and staff from dove and rainbow, open the new norfork rivelin

ravenkay5

Jolly good show! Couldn't think of anything better to do on a sunday afternoon :loopy:

Sunday afternoons are very special to me, after spending the morning in church we look forward to preparing the sunday roast followed by fruit and cream it's delicious, then in the evening we go to our local barn dance for entertainment and light refreshment.

yet another nice quaint country public house gone to the dogs, who wants to take their wife/gf for a drink in the company of greasy hairy bikers,they should stick to the council estate pubs like the phesant at the lane top.

To say that all bikers should drink on Council Estate pubs is somewhat unfair.....I know a lot of bikers and not as many as you think fit the stereotype image you describe...some do yes, but just because they may be "greasy and hairy" does not mean that they are not nice people! Some bikers I know ARE very hairy, bearded and dishevelled looking, but are among the most intellligent and interesting and actually POLITE people I have ever met:)

And while the Norfolk is indeed a very traditional and quaint Country pub, it has been virtually impossible to make it viable as such over about the last 10 years despite having gone through many changes of ownership. All Managers and tenants who have tried to the 'Country pub' traditional approach have met with failure, despite re-naming it as the NEW Norfolk a few years ago. So to do something dramatic and create a good out of town bikers pub is a great idea....because trying to re-create its past success as a trad Country pub following its original style of market will be working against the grain.

I can see this being very popular with bikers in the Summer, and there is enough space to cater for many. To see that place with the car park full of Harleys, for example, would be fantastic!

Just because a pub has a history of being one type of venue does not mean it cant change at any time to re-position itself in the market. Indeed, change is essential to survive and flourish.

To say that all bikers should drink on Council Estate pubs is somewhat unfair.....I know a lot of bikers and not as many as you think fit the stereotype image you describe...some do yes, but just because they may be "greasy and hairy" does not mean that they are not nice people! Some bikers I know ARE very hairy, bearded and dishevelled looking, but are among the most intellligent and interesting and actually POLITE people I have ever met:)

And while the Norfolk is indeed a very traditional and quaint Country pub, it has been virtually impossible to make it viable as such over about the last 10 years despite having gone through many changes of ownership. All Managers and tenants who have tried to the 'Country pub' traditional approach have met with failure, despite re-naming it as the NEW Norfolk a few years ago. So to do something dramatic and create a good out of town bikers pub is a great idea....because trying to re-create its past success as a trad Country pub following its original style of market will be working against the grain.

I can see this being very popular with bikers in the Summer, and there is enough space to cater for many. To see that place with the car park full of Harleys, for example, would be fantastic!

Just because a pub has a history of being one type of venue does not mean it cant change at any time to re-position itself in the market. Indeed, change is essential to survive and flourish.

never stated that the leather heads are "not nice people" perhaps you could turn the back car park into a memorial centre for dead bikers, after all rivelin is notorious for bike smashes, turn right as you go out the front door and there has been two fatalities on that corner in the last few months, more warning signs required in these type of pubs for bikers to beware of motor car lunatics on these roads.

if you put real ale on i might just venture up there one day, i'll be riding pillion though due to over zealous copper on a bike only just caught me but have to pay the penalty, oh well ride on.

Can everyone cut out the criticism of bikers please? There's no need for it and there are mods with delicate sensibilities who could take exception with being described as greasy and hairy and drinking on council estates.

and thats only the women!!!

Can everyone cut out the criticism of bikers please? There's no need for it and there are mods with delicate sensibilities who could take exception with being described as greasy and hairy and drinking on council estates.

I agree. That is not the purpose of this thread anyway, its to promote somewhere for bikers to go:thumbsup:

Agreed most bikers I have met are intelligent interesting people and I certainly think they are less likely to cause trouble than the smartly dressed idiots that you see walking round town on a fri/sat night.

Infact one such biker who fitted the above discription who used to go in a certain upmarket s11 pub would smile when people looked down on him and think little do they know I have enough money to buy the pub outright if I wanted to,and he could of.

yet another nice quaint country public house gone to the dogs, who wants to take their wife/gf for a drink in the company of greasy hairy bikers,they should stick to the council estate pubs like the phesant at the lane top.

after reading most of your posts, it would seem to me that your only trying to rile people up, so forgive me if i dont follow you down that nasty track. as a biker i tend to come across quite a few people that assume that all bikers are just plane old trouble and are very quick to slag us off, its a shame people like yourself can only slag us of from behind the safty of your pc. why not come down to our nice quaint pub and have a frendly chat and drink with us before you cast judgement. and remember the negative energy that you give out will only come back to you x 3. you take care now:)

Archived