Sheffield bands - who's the best?

bladezman

VIVA HIGH ROLLERS - They are absolutely amazing live, I have seen them a fair few times including on the unsigned stage at Leeds Festival. Original music and a frontman to end all front men. How many other unsigned acts can get a conga going during a set on the unsigned stage. If you get the chance go see them. They are Sh*t Hot. And no im not getting commission Lol

Yeah Viva High Rollers are amazing live...but i wouldnt call them original its just 70's rock. Best Sheffield bands for me are 65 Days of Static, The Mirimar Disaster and Grandadbob :thumbsup:

Okay so maybe not 100% original but with whats out there at the minute I think its a breath of fresh air to the local scene. I here they are being managed by a guy who is the producer of Channel Fours '"The Friday Night Project" so hopefully big things to come. I think the Cherokees are being managed by the same guy as well. The man has taste.

Well there ya go. Spoken like a true music critic "A Bit Rubbish." Your right about the Viva's though mate. Thay have been together a couple of years I beleive. They were formerly known as 2ci (the same line up) but their last management company forced them to change their name. Something about the bureaucrats not liking a band associated with 1 of the most powerful drugs available. Before that there was the Solution, similar line up with a different bassist and lead guitar. But if every band that wasn't "snapped up" within a couple of years quit then the music industry would be in dire state. :D

Well there ya go. Spoken like a true music critic "A Bit Rubbish." Your right about the Viva's though mate. Thay have been together a couple of years I beleive. They were formerly known as 2ci (the same line up) but their last management company forced them to change their name. Something about the bureaucrats not liking a band associated with 1 of the most powerful drugs available. Before that there was the Solution, similar line up with a different bassist and lead guitar. But if every band that wasn't "snapped up" within a couple of years quit then the music industry would be in dire state. :D

Sorry liam if my critique wasn't in depth enough i could go into why I think cherokee are a "bit rubbish" but it is probably summed up as "same old same old" (look i have put the quotation marks round it so you don't have to)........

Archived