Sheffield bands - who's the best?

bladezman

Nobody has mentioned Chicken Legs Weaver. Fantastic swampy grunge blues .... or something. The singer must gargle with gravel.

Holy feckbox, I met two of the guys from this band earlier at their practice room this week and digged thier sound too. .

. . also met Bas-Rathbone and can also vouch for his retro 80-90s synth stylins' too.

The Cherokee used to rule a few years back when they were giggin' places in York and Chester but seen their myspace website and the tunes that are on there ain't owt on what they used to play . .

Can you tell us a little about them Urban_Pebbles? What sort of stuff do they do? Where can we see them play next?

You can get info on where we're playing on my spacce / brackenhill

cheers

iain

and thanx for the kind comments urban pebble

Since my original post on this thread, I have purchased The Long Blondes; Milburn and Bromheads Jacket albums.

I have to say, each and everyone is excellent. I first listened to Milburn and was disappointed, thinking it was a Monkey's mark two, but everytime I have listened since I have liked them more and more. Infact they're brilliant, especially What You Could've Won.

To be frank, the Sheffied music scene rocks right now and we should all be proud.

Maybe we should be renamed The Steel and Music City...yeah ok, so it doesn't quite rhyme! Oh well.

Gas club.. Also, gotta love the reverend.. And Kelham Island Crisis.. Oh yeah and Monkey Swallows the Universe.. Little Ze.. You could go on and on and on..

You've gotta love it really.. There's so much going on in Sheffield.. Look at Bison, Grey Cooper Love Party, Riddimtion band all know how to throw a party..

Sheffield sound..

Archived