Forgotten words you used to use at school

randolf

yes i remember soz ard! And when someone was rambling on. We'd say 'get a bath'.

i remember that one too!!

one word kids used to say at our school was "skank" meaning "ha!! take that" or summat of the sort :hihi:

Thanks to several of the above people for bringing back some forgotten words. We used "Skosh" (or maybe "scosh" - I never saw it written down) during my time at Gleadless County, and "togger" for soccer too. But Lee, a "corky" was, at least round our way, not a leather "proper" cricket ball: it was a composition ball with a cork-like texture, hence the name. It still bloody hurt when it got you on the leg and you weren't wearing pads, though.

Does anyone else remember "lunch" being used to mean "elevenses snack" rather than "midday meal"?

Thanks to several of the above people for bringing back some forgotten words. We used "Skosh" (or maybe "scosh" - I never saw it written down) during my time at Gleadless County, and "togger" for soccer too. But Lee, a "corky" was, at least round our way, not a leather "proper" cricket ball: it was a composition ball with a cork-like texture, hence the name. It still bloody hurt when it got you on the leg and you weren't wearing pads, though.

Does anyone else remember "lunch" being used to mean "elevenses snack" rather than "midday meal"?

Ah! I bow to your greater knowledge my friend! I asked mi dad and he said you're right about the 'corky'! But yeah, i did still hurt whatever it was! :hihi:

What ya don't see much now is kids using jumpers for goalposts!

Archived