1960's Sheffield rock pubs

Yeah. I used to wear a light grey sports jacket to that place, when they got that lighting lol

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 22:48 ----------

They can't have made much, as only one of us had access to any cars in my times going in there, and that was his dad's. I can't see a single one of us paying, even if we had got our own cars anyway. :cool:

We lived in sheffield so had to go by car,i seem to remember lots of cars in car park.

Thanks Mr.T. I also worked at Hepworth 'Iron' as a contractor sometimes, tho' didn't go to any nearby hostelries. As for 'Iron', didn't they make industrial ceramic piping ?

Yes, ceramic pipes it was, the company was located next to a large quarry, Remember the workforce were almost all Sikhs and there were so many different coloured turbans lol. Whilst working on an overhead crane my workmate commented "it's like looking at a snooker table down there", referring to the multi- coloured turbans seen from our viewing angle ;) They also had special toilets for those guys, i.e. no bowl, standing room only lol.

---------- Post added 23-04-2017 at 11:42 ----------

Yeah. I used to wear a light grey sports jacket to that place, when they got that lighting lol

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 22:48 ----------

They can't have made much, as only one of us had access to any cars in my times going in there, and that was his dad's. I can't see a single one of us paying, even if we had got our own cars anyway. :cool:

We lived in sheffield so had to go by car,i seem to remember lots of cars in car park.

Well we lived in Brinsworth, so 2 short bus rides was good enough. We did go by car to most of the other out of town pubs except The Ball at Bramley as that was a one bus job( 87). I knew a lot of Dalton area lads as they came to Brinsworth Bop, so they would not have bothered us had we been in a car.