Help. Fellini, Dore Grill, what do you think. Tips for a good restaurant

pippadoll

I am looking to book a restaurant just before Christmas and fancy a change.

Don't really want to travel to the sticks.

And advice.

Fellini is the new Italian on Eccy Road. Can't find reviews. Do not like La Vina so if it is a simliar quality can you let me know.

Any advice welcolmed.

Went to La Vina on Saturday night, Would highly reccomend it.The food choice was brilliant, the food was fresh and gorgeous.Apparntly it;s owned by Spanish and you can tell with the food, not greasy at all. The atmosphere was nice to.There were four of us, 3 dishes each, two bottles of wine, coffe £100.Nicest meal Ive had in ages.

The dore grill is ancient..... food was not bad but it was like being back in the seventies..... It was a laugh but mainly because we couldn't believe how dated it was... We guessed the puds based on what foods were fashionable 20 years ago and we were right.... :-) Been to Fellicini's last friday. food was good (better than La vina I thought), staff was excellent and the atmosphere pleasant. Personally out of the three I'd say fellicini's (although their puds are pricey...)

Been to 543 but the food looks better on the menu. We had starters, mains and afters but it failed to impress. The main course was as if they were trying to hard but couldn't quite make the grade. I'm not saying it was bad, just not as good as I would expect for that sort of money.

Personally the best food by a mile is served at The Cavendish in Baslow but it is a bit of a way and you said you didn't want to travel to the sticks :-)

I'd rather go to Marco @ Milano for something special. Dore Grill is a hoot and whilst it isn't haute cuisine I've never had anything that I couldn't eat! Greenhead House in Chapeltown still rates as my favourite even if it is a bit of a trek. We went on Saturday and it was fantastic.

Archived