Boardwalk on Saturday nights, what's it like?

Dark Moomin

The Boardwalk has bands on most Saturday nights so the price depends on which band is on and how famous they are.

I do think though generally the Boardwalk is a very good venue but it can be an expensive night out.

There are not many bands on that cost less than £8 to see and that is probably the minimum price.

So it isnt really the sort of venu u go to every Saturday, just when there happens to be a band on u particularly want to see.

If you want a venu that has free bands on try the West Street Live.

Cheers Nightwish,

Is there a lower entrance if we went after the bands? ie is there a club night on after? I have seen some bands that I wouldn't miond seeing advertised, but really afetr a club night type place that isn't Corp (not that there's a problem with corp, just Have some frineds which like Friday, and some which like Sat, and would be nice to get everyone in one place!!)

No there is no club night after last orders is at 11.00 when the bands finish.

There is another pub downstairs but not sure if that is still open I know it was closed for quite a while I think it is called Under the Boardwalk maybe other forum members will know.

I dont know what other night clubs you could try apart from the Casbah there is only really the Corp.

Have u tried the Casbah?

No I haven't, what's that\like?

Infact, where is it?

The Casbah is opposite Cole Bros just down from the Sportsman and Wetherspoons it opens at about 10 until about 2 or 3 am.

It is a mixture of music I only usually go in on Fridays downstairs is Rock and upstairs is sort of Indie/Punkish and some 80's stuff like Morrissey not my cup of tea but downstairs is ok 70's to present day rock.

I am not sure what they do on Saturday I think it is similar to Fri I usually go in Corp on Saturdays so not sure.

If u go in before 11 it is free but after that about a fiver to get in.

The Boardwalk has bands on most Saturday nights so the price depends on which band is on and how famous they are.

I do think though generally the Boardwalk is a very good venue but it can be an expensive night out.

There are not many bands on that cost less than £8 to see and that is probably the minimum price.

The minimum price to get into the Boardwalk is £4 / £3NUS but this is for what they call an unsigned night (Boardwalk Calling)

They also have many touring bands play at the venue and yes price changes depending on who it is playing. and there's even student discounts applied to entry fee's for these nights too. Thank god Im a student :D

If you want to see whats what and prices why not visit

w ww.theboardwalklive.co.uk and look at the gig guide section it gives you insight into what the bands are like and how much for that night

Archived