Which one??? AA or RAC cover

I'm with the RAC and have been for 15 years.

They have always been brilliant.

Broke down in the middle of Woodhead Pass at 10.30 one Christmas Eve.

The guy said his wife tried to stop him going out to us as there was a possibility we might need towing somewhere that would keep him away for Christmas Day. The kids would be heartbroken.

But he said 'that's my job and sorry if I have to'.

He got us up and running quickly and got us, and him, home before midnight.

One of many incidents that they have attended within an hour.

I recommend the RAC very highly, although I haven't used anyone else.

The RAC are off-shoring their call centre.

I'm not being funny but if I had broken down I wouldn't be keen on the idea of explaining to someone in India where I was....

Had no problems with the AA when I have called them out. :thumbsup:

i don't know where you heard that rac are off shoring their call centers? they are definitely not off shoring breakdown call centers, it is insurance call centers etc.

• 4 years later...

I was with AA two years about ten years ago had the top cover as I at that time traveled the british isles in my job. Well I broke down on the queen elizabeth 2nd bridge. Called the AA told them a bolt had sheerd off the altanator and that is all that is reqired to fix it, dont forget iv been with them two yrs and never called them out. A van pulled up and the AA man said i can see the problem a bolt has come off. we will have to transport you home but not straight home like I paid for but tandem dropping off and being picked up again 28 hrs from breaking down to dropping of in sheffield. been with the RAC 8 yrs brilliant

Been with them both over the years.

Had a Cavalier that broke down on Gleadless Rd, RAC insisted on taking me to Turrets to buy a rotor arm, completely refuse to let me go to Halfords, told him to tow me home then I went to Halfords.

My current car refused to start the other morning after a night shift, AA was there in 10 minutes, tried everything he could but it wouldn't start, towed me home and advised me what as wrong, bought and fitted new part myself and it started, AA gets my money!

If you use a cashback site such as Quidco you can get RAC or AA basic cover for about £8. I used AA last year and RAC this, they both cost about £8. It doesn't work with a renewal so you have to switch ever year though!

I use whoever my insurer has as an option, I do have and am with Green Flag who I find to be first class.

As I am more often than not in South West Sheffield or North East Derbyshire, Green Flag's Mount Pleasant franchise at Grindleford is very handy, my last call out to Totley took 10 minutes.

Archived