The Cross Scythes, derbyshire lane

cantstop

The clue is in the title stix. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi::rolleyes: You should actually read the thread titles. Clearly uneducated....

By the way, it is one of the worst pubs in the universe.

Says he who can't spell a five letter word :roll:

PS - Sheffield Geography isn't on the national curriculum :P

worst pub I've ever been in....made the mistake of going in a couple of times cos its my sister's local but NEVER again! rude staff, unfriendly inbred locals and **** beer...what more do you want?!?

actually, to give them their dues, the fact that 'Slimming World' have got a giant banner outside advertising their wednesday nights there does make me laugh...British culture all over me thinks!.....'oooh you've done well this week Mavis, half a pound lighter and just two bags of nuts and a shandy tonight well done!!'

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
anyone been here recently?

whats it like?

I called for a drink the other day. Thornbridge Brother Rabbit 4% at £1.70 for a half and Britvic 55 at £2.00 bottle. I thought they were taking the Mickey. God knows what they charge for Jaipur or St Petersburg. I probably won't be going in again to find out.

I called for a drink the other day. Thornbridge Brother Rabbit 4% at £1.70 for a half and Britvic 55 at £2.00 bottle. I thought they were taking the Mickey. God knows what they charge for Jaipur or St Petersburg. I probably won't be going in again to find out.

It`s a nice pub now.

Think it`s £.20 for Jaipur but they usually have better beers than that. St P will be near to £4 on cask, I`d guess but then it`s 7%+ so I tend to think of it as two pints worth of booze (and well worth it). Kacho, Kipling, Pollards are all really tidy pints imo and all around £3. Personally, I wouldn`t drink Brother rabbit or Guinness there tbh.

The pub has some new managers now with their predecessors having moved to set up the Harrogate Tap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnsie

anyone been here recently?

whats it like?

Brother Rabbit is 2.80 a pint so 1.40 a half, Jaipur is 3.30 and St Petersburg is £4 but that IS 7.4%!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android