Tinsley cafe [70s scooterboys]

willo

:) com'on there must be summa the tinsley gang out there,in their late 40s-early 50s [but still look 27 like me-lol] i think the cafe was called marden, after the couple that owned it.there were about 20 of us,we used to go all over't'place on our lammys.then when we started drinking we used to go in the broughton disco down't cliffe. we first met on a camping holiday in castleton-lol.

ok last bump.paul & dave henshaw,gordon gibson-john tongue [bert]] bob & linda beavers [as in the bike shop-firth park],mac johnson,dennis johnson[the king o't cliffe]tinsley & surroundins finest,& all i aint typed--where r u all,if yer as dumb as me get yer kids [grankids even] 2 reply.

• 7 months later...
ok last bump.paul & dave henshaw,gordon gibson-john tongue [bert]] bob & linda beavers [as in the bike shop-firth park],mac johnson,dennis johnson[the king o't cliffe]tinsley & surroundins finest,& all i aint typed--where r u all,if yer as dumb as me get yer kids [grankids even] 2 reply.

this is my sons post i am using. i remember the cafe as i use to go in it too, i only lived across the rd from it. i remember the lads mentioned also steve wilson (think there were two by that name, i know one was a biker) other names i recall are the miller twins (elaine & yvonne) yvonne married a colin wells who also went in cafe, and a lad nicknamed spider. there were also quite a few lads & lasses from catcliffe area.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I can remember the cafe although I'm a bit older. Have you tried in the Tinsley forum? I posted a message there a couple of days ago, but without an answer. I don't know if anybody is still alive in the forum, the last posting was in 2006!!! As I live in Germany, I can only visit using Google Earth and it's hard to tell if anyone is moving or not (joking). Try this link, maybe you'll have more luck

http://tinsley.11.forumer.com/

Archived