Devonshire Arms Ecclesall Rd!!

jamesogt

The Devonshire Arms Opposite the old Wards brewery has recently changed hands due to the retirement of the previous landlord.

Music has all been changed and we are awaiting a new 35000 track jukebox.

Also we are trying to renegotiate some of our beer prices to be more competitive with further up the road.

Currently we are able to offer mid week discounts Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday nights Carling Extra Cold, Boddingtons, All the Handpull and 50ml vodka gun mixer are all £2.00. Becks is £1.50 a bottle. Am also currently in talks with Kingdom and Gatecrasher to offer q jump tickets for Wednesdays and Thursdays that could be purchased from the pub.

There is also a free pub quiz on Mondays starting at 9.30 with free food and £10 prize of drinks to the winning team.

It is quite a traditional pub and often overlooked by people drinking at the nursery and varsity etc but it will soon hopefully be worth the extra 100 yds walk down the road, so why not come down and pay us a visit (and your taxi will be that bit cheaper after !)

Hi James.

I am a regular in the Dev Arms, and I love taking part in the quiz;

The food, at lunchtimes is really excellent.

Just to say, I hope you are going to keep the policy that the outgoing landlord had, of unobtrusive music, and the traditional, welcoming, "pubb-y" feel, where folk can go, and have a natter, without being deafened... cos that was/is the appeal of the place.

It's a fantastic pub, and the selection of beers was good, for a small (ok, read "an intimate") place like the DA.

The excellent bar staff that you have inherited, really do know their stuff (the previous landlord was keen on standards with the staff, so they were schooled in being polite and helpful)

All the best, hope it's a success.

Archived