Name me a club night!

nuttygirl

Hi,

I'm a finalist undergrad at shef uni fed up with drunken chavvy freshers and brawling idiots when I go out. I'm not a stereotypical student that gets ****** up on 50p shots or thinks 'skool disco'-type nights are the best thing ever. I DON'T like r'n'b or hip-hop and i'm not into chart music.

However, what I WOULD like in a club night:

cheapish drinks but not rubbish

perhaps rave/electronic/indie/rock/etc music

NO OVER-THE-TOP DRUNKEN CHAVS/STUDENTS - v.important

in Sheffield on a Fri/Sat night

Ta very much for your help :)

We put your details in to our 'find a night out' program and all we got was This. No chavs or drunks!! enjoy

i dont think sheffield has a very good selection of nightclubs but there is one in chesterfield thats absolutly fantastic, called lava and ignite, its worth a try if you dont mind going a little further

Was that a serious reply?

Try Planet Zogg at Plug. 100% Buzz, Zero Attitude :thumbsup:

I'd agree as well - but then I am a bit biased ;) Zogg rocked on fri just gone & next one is the "not quite Christmas just yet" special on 8 Dec - more info at

http://www.planetzogg.co.uk

Theres lots of good stuff on in Sheffield at momment - The Plug has loads of great events, DQ has lots of independent parties on & Club Shhhh ( TPCC) on the Whicker is hosting lots of one offs, plus there's stuff at Uniq & the Cactus Club (Pitsmoor). And If you like a bit of rock - there's always Corp as well. For mroe info on whats on get a copy of Exposed or the Sheffield Telegraph - or just read the ads on here.

:)

This Saturday at Fever, Plug we have a Transgressive Records Party in the Live and Earth Rooms with the Mystery Jets, Larrikin Love, Young Knives, Jeremy Warmsley, Battle, Polytechnic, Ladyfuzz and Simian Mobile Disco.

It's a little bit more expensive than our usual Fever night but a huge line-up of live bands and DJ's from 7.30pm - 4am. Tickets are £12.50 adv but it's very nearly sold out.

Still some left at Plug Box Office at 1 Rockingham Gate (near Debenhams on the Moor).

Check out some of the nights people do in the Raynor Lounge at the student union such as Offbeat, Cool as Folk and my own Dog on Wheels most of these nights are put on and attended by people really into their music and who go to listen and dance not get hammered. It’s amazing the difference in atmosphere and clientele when you step out of the Raynor into Bar 1.

Archived