Rugby Union in Sheffield.

Texas

Do the two clubs now play in the same league? At one time there was a huge gulf between them. My understanding is that the fortunes at Abbeydale have plummeted and those at Dore Moor flourished.

http://www.sheffieldtigers.co.uk/

I have just posted the above link which would suggest your understanding is correct, that Tigers with a 36-3 win, recently beat Sheffield for the first time.

I don't follow their fortunes anymore but the halcyon days of Sheffield and Bill Reichwald, Mike Gange, Mal Binnie, Dave Watson, Miles Pierce, Martin Maddocks et al of the late 70's are long past. I seem to recall that only a few years ago, Tigers won a trophy at Twickenham? Anyway Yerman, your appreciation of events, of the gulf that narrowed, seems to be very accurate.

Sorry Chairboy, but the Tigers win over Sheffield was for the umpteenth time not the first time. Tigers even beat Sheffield when they were in the league below them! Tigers second team also beat Sheffields seconds on Saturday.

Sorry, merely quoting the headline on the Tigers' website.

Archived