Blackburn Rd Station

hi all. Who knows any good facts about the old railway station now a builders merchants. Do you know anyone who used it when BR still ran the system. also what about the old bridge that once crossed Barry rd ?

• 4 years later...
hi all. Who knows any good facts about the old railway station now a builders merchants. Do you know anyone who used it when BR still ran the system. also what about the old bridge that once crossed Barry rd ?
eyup trekker if your referring to blackburn road station near wincobank then from the early 70s till 82 a family by the name of john shore was living there although it was owned by the railway there was a dispute between sheffield and rotherham council as to which town it was actually in. as this dispute was going on for a while, the shore family had to move out, it stood empty for a few year before being reoccupied. some of the shore family remain in wincobank, whilst john shore who started working life as a fireman on the steam trains in the early 60s and went onto become a train driver is now living in hoyland, barnsley. he's still a train driver although he's considering taking retirement a couple of years early. he's driving for ews at rotherham at the moment since british rail was privatised

I love that old station ,if it ever came up for sale i would love to buy it and do it up,i have an old pic of it when it first opened in the 1850s and i took one last year but i dont know how to get them on ,can u tell me how too?

Archived